1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
LLM API is intended for developers who want to use Infomaniak's LLM (Large Language Model) in their applications.
What is LLM API?
LLM (Large Language Model) is a type of machine learning model that has been trained on a massive dataset of text and code. LLMs are capable of generating text, translating languages, writing various types of creative content, and providing informative answers to questions.
To stay true to its values, Infomaniak offers an LLM based on Mixtral, one of the most powerful open-source models available in the market, within the kSuite tools.
This sovereign artificial intelligence can, for example, assist you in writing, paraphrasing, or translating your emails.
LLM API allows you to connect your libraries or frameworks via API without an interface.
The API documentation can be found at https://developer.infomaniak.com/docs/api and contains information about available methods, parameters, and examples.
Obtaining LLM API
To use LLM API, it is necessary to create an API token.
Then, to access LLM API and, for example, check your daily consumption:
- Log in to the Infomaniak Manager (manager.infomaniak.com) from a web browser such as Brave or Firefox.
- Click on the icon at the top right of the interface (or navigate through the left sidebar menu, for example).
- Choose LLM API (in the Cloud Computing universe)
Only one product can exist per organization, but API tokens can be multiple.
LLM API can be used by the following users:
- Legal representative of the organization
- Administrators of the organization
- Organization collaborators with technical rights
- API billed by credit
- Each request consumes one LLM credit or token*
- Billing access is available to legal representatives and administrators
- Collaborators with technical rights have access to the documentation but not to the invoices
- A credit card is required to start using the API
- An unpaid invoice will result in the suspension of the service
- A spending limit can be set by a user with billing rights in the organization and on the product to limit unforeseen costs
- Pricing is presented on the LLM sales page
* LLM tokens (not to be confused with API tokens) are basic units used by language models to process and generate text. Each token typically represents a word, part of a word, or an entity in a corpus of text and is used for language learning and natural language generation.
This language model generates text based on the data it has assimilated during its training, devoid of consciousness, intentions, or moral responsibilities. In case of inappropriate or dangerous use of this assistant, the responsibility lies with the user who takes these actions. It is crucial for the user to be aware that the information generated by the model is not always accurate and should not be considered a source of unquestionable information.
Users must exercise critical judgment and verify the information provided by the assistant from reliable sources when necessary. For example, if a person uses the model for crucial tasks such as medical, legal, or financial advice, they must take additional precautions to confirm the information from the model.
This guide is about authentication tokens or tokens from Infomaniak, which are used to verify the identity of the application and grant it specific permissions to interact with Infomaniak's API functionalities and data securely.
Generate an Infomaniak API token
Authentication tokens or tokens are used to verify the identity of the application and grant it specific permissions to interact with the API functionalities and data securely.
To access the Infomaniak API, it is necessary to generate an access token. Its default duration is "unlimited" but it is possible to define a custom duration at its creation.
Attention, if no calls are made with the token for a year, it is automatically deactivated. It will then be necessary to generate a new one. There is no limit to the number of tokens you can create.
At the time of its creation, you will be able to choose the application and the scope accessible by the token (to correspond to your current need and project).
Add / retrieve a token
API keys are managed on this page of the Manager:
To do this:
- Click the blue Create a token button
- Choose the appropriate product from the drop-down menu according to your current need and project
- Choose a validity period
- Click the blue Create a token button
- Enter the Manager login password as requested
- Copy the token securely - it will no longer be accessible after that
Example of application: token for the Newsletter API