1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
The FTP File Manager, our control panel for VOD and streaming products, as well as our Webmail system, may not work with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 and below, or with screens with a lower resolution than 1024x768.
Occasionally, even if you have the latest version of a given browser, it may be set up to run in compatbility mode, i.e. it presents itself as an earlier version to sites visited (which may resolve certain display issues, for example). You should therefore check within your browser that you have not enabled such a mode: Internet Explorer 9 (IE9), Internet Explorer 10 (IE10)
There is no longer any reason not to move to a recent version of a browser such as Mozilla Firefox. That way, you can be sure that any security flaws are regularly patched and that you can view sites with any of the latest technologies that they may contain. Therefore, we do not offer support for issue encountered with the aforementioned browsers and resolutions.
To access the old Webmail system, please go to https://webmail1.infomaniak.ch
Actions to be carried out
You generate a playlist from videos located in a folder set up within your VOD space and playback will occur "as alive", and from then on incorporated into our video streaming system (but although the stream will be viewed synchronously by all viewers, the stream is not produced live).
Several display modes are available, allowing you to chose the most appropriate streaming method for your project. A distinction is made, for example, between:
- "Live" streaming (simulates "as live" broadcasting, synchronised to the current UTC time, and hence the playback position will be the same on all clients across different time zones)
- "Normale" streaming (videos are played back one after the other, with the timeline indicating the total duration)
- "Sequential" streaming (videos are played back one after the other, with the timeline indicating the duration of the current video)
Videos may be sorted by various criteria (Date, Name, Duration, Hits, Random).
- every time a new video is uploaded (including via the SOAP API)
- whenever a video is enabled/disabled
- whenever a video or folder is deleted/restored
- whenever a video is moved
- whenever a video is copied
- whenever a video is cut (both parts) or spliced back together
Playlists are dynamic: whenever you perform an action elsewhere in your VOD space, any playlists affected will be updated automatically. For example:
In all cases, any videos affected will be repositioned with respect to the specified sorting criteria for the playlist in question.
Videos may be added to playlists with the usual criteria (choice of player, basic settings, etc).
Playlists are compatible with the option to toggle playback quality on the fly (except for "as live" streams) but the default quality setting in the player section still serves as a reference for encoding.
Exporting to Facebook, Twitter and via HTML is possible (provided the function is enabled in the corresponding player).
This guide explains how to transfer an Infomaniak product (domain name, Web hosting, etc.) from one client account to another.
Generating the transfer link for the product to be transferred
- open this page with the login details for the account which contains the product(s) to be transferred
- click on Transfer products
- tick the product(s) to be transferred and read and acceptgeneral terms and conditions
- click on Transfer
- copy the transfer link ou send it to the email address of your choice
Importing the product into a chosen account
- open the link you have copied or from the email with the login details of the client account
- if necessary choose the destination account using the drop menu
- read and accept the general terms and conditions
- click onReceive products
(if the button is not clickable, make sure you have selected the destination account)
- the current owner of the product must validate the transfer within one week
Excess is simply calculated per extra Terabyte bandwidth (the price of the exceeding is specified on the invoices and order), knowing that as a basis, all customers are entitled to 2 TB per month.
Automatic blocking of a stream because it might go over its limit isn't planned. However it is possible to accomplish this manually by adding restrictions and by lowering the stream bitrate at the end of the month in order to consume less bandwidth.
To manage the interface between your VOD/AOD space and your CMS, we have developed a plugin that is compatible with WordPress, Joomla and Drupal. It enables:
- retrieval and management of all your videos
- automatic updates when new videos are added
- automatic retrieval of existing players
- importing audio/video files directly from your CMS admin
- playlist management
- automatic video search while writing a page or article
Steps to be takenInformation concerning your VOD space and the external module adapted to your CMS is found in your admin interface.
Go to CMS/API Extensions in your VOD space
For security reasons, we strongly recommend that you do not supply the plugin with your existing VOD login details. It is much more advisable to create a new user from your VOD admin interface and assign it "API" rights only.
This is the login information (e-mail address and interface login password) that you will supply to the plugin, along with the unique login ID for your VOD space.(fig.1).
WordPress Module (click here to download)
Joomla Module (click here to download)
Module Drupal (cliquez ici pour télécharger)
If you use the player (online video player), the logo appears superimposed over the video. The logo is only added by the player at the time it is displayed. The advantage of this method is that the logo can be changed whenever you wish, and this allows you to have several players directed to the same video without any problem. This is the recommended method in order to have a solution that is easy to work with and is upgradeable.
The overlaying of the logo that is present in the folder section is, as its name indicates, an actual overlay in the video. This is far less flexible since once it has been overlaid, you cannot change it at all. It goes without saying that there will be no point in regretting overlaying a logo once it changes a few years later...
These two methods are different and do not work at the same time, and so if you activate them simultaneoulsy, you will have the logo of the player on top of the overlaid logo.
Actions to be carried out
Log into your control panel
Go to your VOD/AOD space in Media
Click on the video in question then go to the Chaptering tab
On the timeline (Fig. 1, pt. 1) or player (Fig. 1, pt. 2), drag the playback position
Once you have reached the desired position, click on 'New Chapter'
You may also double-click on the lower timeline to create a chapter
A chapter can only be positioned on a key frame (Fig. 1, pt. 3)
To view the key frames, click on the symbol (Fig. 1, pt. 4) and zoom in if necessary.
Step from one key frame to another (Fig. 1, pt. 5 and pt. 6) to fine-tune the position
Enter a title, description, set a thumbnail, etc.
Save the chapter and it is automatically added to the chapter list
Once all chapters are ready, click Publish on Line (as well as after any change)
Adding a chapter to a video
The video file must be MP4 encoded in order to edit (create + modify) chapters. Chapter editing will not be possible for FLV videos but these will still display chapters in the video player if the video has also been MP4 encoded alongside. If the MP4 video is deleted, chapters will still remain in place on the FLV but without the option to edit them.
As the iPhone (but not the iPad) handles video playback itself, chapters are not currently visible on iPhone.
It is not possible to use this tool for audio-only media.
For information ont he SOAP API, please read https://statslive.infomaniak.com/vod/api/#exemple7
For a user to only be able to send videos and retrieve their integration code (without having access to other videos or to a player's settings for example), you need to work around the tools that are in place. There are two possibilities:
- upload via FTP : simple to set up and can be automated but it's necessary to use FTP software
- update via a flash/HTML form module: needs to be implemented via the API on a page of your site, but can be done very easily in a CMS or a pre-existing admin
To retrieve the integration code, there are also various possible methods:
- use the default integration code (under "Folders" -> "Integration" -> "3. Integration code", code which will always remain the same, and within which it is enough to insert the name of the video), but be careful because the name of the file may vary slightly from the one that was sent (cleaning of accents, special characters, ...)
- use the callback to retrieve the video details, including the integration code
- use the API once the encoding is over, so as to retrieve the integration code (getIFrameImplementation())
- RTMP is compatible with Flash only, which excludes mobiles or HTML5, for example
- HTTP-Streaming does not exist in a unified form and several manufacturers produce their own implementation (Apple HTTP-Streaming for iPhone/iPad/iPod, Flash dynamic streaming or Adobe and Flash).
As soon as a standard encoding is supported by Adobe Flash Player, Flash Player will be the preferred solution as it is significantly more advanced in terms of customisation, options and features (VAST, adsWizz, playlists, chapter indexing, etc.) than the HTML5 version. If the Adobe plugin is not installed in the browser, an HTML5 version will then be loaded, depending on the browser's level of HTML5 support and availability of a suitable decoder that is compatible with the browser in question.