1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Thank you for choosing Infomaniak to create your PaaS!
Frequently asked questions
- What is a platform as a service (PaaS)?
- What is a container or a node?
- What is Jelastic?
- What is a Cloudlet? How does Jelastic invoicing work?
- What technologies are supported by Jelastic Cloud?
- Is it possible to create a VPS with Jelastic Cloud?
- What are the possible ways to deploy an application?
- What is the difference between Jelastic Cloud and an unmanaged server?
- What are the differences between a free (trial period) and paid account?
We invite you to consult the official Jelastic documentation for any technical questions:
- Installing clustered applications (WordPress, Magento, etc.)
- Creating an environment
- Deploying an application or code
- Configuring your servers: Java, PHP, Ruby, etc.
- Linking a domain name
- Adding a public IP address
- Monitoring an application
- Connecting in SSH
- Managing notifications linked to resource consumption
- Configuring dynamic resizing horizontally and vertically
- Installing packages without root access with the Yum Packages Installer
- Launching root commands on any Jelastic containers
Don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Jelastic Cloud is the product of close collaboration between Infomaniak and the Jelastic company.
Infomaniak provides the infrastructure, ensures support and seeks to guarantee the performance, security and reliability of the solution. Our infrastructure continuously guarantees the availability and flow of your applications. It responds to traffic peaks and automatically reduces resource consumption during off-peak periods. This flexibility offers optimal cost/performance ratios because only the resources actually used are calculated. With this new Cloud service, you can thus align computing resources with the pace and flow of demand while maintaining perfect control over budget.
All of your data is managed at Infomaniak datacenters in Switzerland, and you also benefit from quality support in five languages.
Jelastic provides the software part of the product and ensures the software development of the solution. Founded in 2011, Jelastic is a platform that automates the creation, resizing, clustering and security updates of traditional and native applications in the Cloud. This solution also offers the advantage of accepting Java, PHP, Ruby, Node.js, Python, .NET, and Go environments, as well as Docker.
To learn more
What product does your suggestion concern?
- Housing & Datacenter: French
- Web Hosting: French
- Newsletter tool: French / English
- Cloud Servers: French
- Mail Hosting & WorkSpace: French
- Domain names: French
- SSL Certificates: French / English
- Jelastic Cloud: French/ English
- Audio streaming: French
- Video streaming: French
- VOD/AOD: French
- Synology NAS: French
- Swiss Backup: French
- Guest management: French
This guide specifies the resources you can benefit from with a Jelastic Cloud, depending on the type of account you subscribe to.
All Jelastic Cloud accounts offer the following advantages:
- Web applications: over 40 CMS that can be installed in 1 click
- Technologies: PHP, Java, Node.JS, Ruby, Python, Go, Docker (find out more)
- Databases: SQL & NoSQL (find out more)
- SSL certificates: free with Let's Encrypt
- Automatic backup: every 24 hours (incremental over the last 7 days)
14-day trial account
The trial period enables you to test Jelastic Cloud with no commitment. You can thus check if this solution meets your expectations and estimate the resources you need. Thanks to our calculator, you can then determine the hourly or monthly rate for your PaaS based on your tests.
During the trial period, you benefit from the following resources:
- Number of environments: 5
- Power: 8 Cloudlets (3.2 GHz of CPU and 1 GB of RAM)
- SSD storage: 10 GB
- Bandwidth: 20,000 KB/s
When you purchase Jelastic credits, the restrictions of the trial account are removed and you are free to adjust the resources of your PaaS according to your needs:
- Number of environments: according to your needs
- Power: customizable according to your needs
- SSD storage: 20 GB included, extensible according to your needs
- Incoming and outgoing traffic: 2.8 GB / hour (2.4 TB / month) included, then invoiced per GB
- Bandwidth: 100,000 KB/s
Find out more
- How does Jelastic Cloud invoicing work? What is a Cloudlet?
- What technologies are supported by Jelastic Cloud?
- Getting Started with Jelastic Cloud
Jelastic offers an add-on that allows you to install packages that require sudo permissions without the need for root access: https://github.com/jelastic-jps/packages-installer
This guide explains how to obtain a custom SSL certificate that you can use with a Jelastic server at Infomaniak.
Jelastic documentation for the SSL
- It is possible to buy an SSL certificate from Infomaniak and install it on Jelastic.
- As part of Jelastic, you will also find a valid certificate only for xxx.jcloud.ik-server.com areas: https://docs.jelastic.com/built-in-ssl
- Let's Encrypt certificates can also be obtained free of charge and for any field: https://jelastic.com/blog/free-ssl-certificates-with-lets-encrypt/
- A paid certificate can be obtained for any field: https://docs.jelastic.com/custom-ssl
- For the purpose of testing, you can also set up a self-signed certificate: https://docs.jelastic.com/self-signed-ssl
Personalized SSL certificates are only available with a paid account.
This guide explains how to provide useful details when you request help from Infomaniak support.
Authorizing Support to access your content
It is possible to temporarily grant access to the content of your WorkSpace and your Drive with the possibility of cancelling this access at any time.
Only those Infomaniak staff members who handle your support ticket will have access.
- Open the Manager (manager.infomaniak.com) or your WorkSpace (workspace.infomaniak.com)
- Click your user name at the top right of the page
- Click My profile in the menu that appears
- Click Technical support (or https://manager.infomaniak.com/support) in the left side menu
- Click the access authorization button for the product concerned (authorizing one does not authorize another - these authorizations are specific).
Making a screen grab
Microsoft offers preinstalled software dedicated to screen grabs. But to do them manually:
- Display what you want/need to send on the screen
- Press PRINTSCREEN on your keyboard (or PRTSCR, etc.) once
- In Microsoft Word (or similar), go to "Edit" -> "Paste" to put your image on the page
- "Save" your file
- Repeat the operation from point 1 to point 5 as many times as the number of screen grabs you need
Mac OS X
- Simultaneously press "cmd" + "caps/shift" (the empty arrow pointing upwards) +"3"
- Each time you press these keys, an image file is created on your computer's desktop
Apple iOS (iPhone, iPad...)
- Press the "Power" + "Home" buttons at the same time (the only two physical buttons)
- You will then find the screengrabs in your device's "Photos" app
Google Android (e.g. Samsung, LG or Sony)
- Simultaneously press the volume down (on the side) and the locking button
- The image captured is then automatically saved in a Screenshots folder in the gallery
To copy-paste an error message present in a Windows popup in text form, simply hit "CTRL" + "C" on your keyboard to copy the message onto the clipboard... You can then paste it ("CTRL" + "V") in the body of the email you send to us.
Chrome, Firefox and Safari: enter the combination ctrl + caps + i
Internet Explorer and Edge: hit F12
Mac OS X
Chrome: enter the combination ⌘ + ⌥ + J
Safari: enter ⌘ + ⌥ + C
Then click on the round struck-through icon to set the log back to zero.
In some circumstances and for security reasons, an identity check process is required to ensure the identity of the person making a specific request.
This check may occur in the following cases (non-exhaustive list):
- Forgotten user password
- Forgotten login email address
- Disabling double authentication (two-factor identification)
- Unblocking an Infomaniak account
- When initial Ticketing revenue is paid
- When a product is ordered
How the identity check process works
This process requires:
- A QR code or a link provided by Infomaniak
- The Infomaniak Check (kCheck) app installed on your iPhone or Android mobile
- An Internet connection on your mobile
You can then check your identity with kCheck:
- Launch the kCheck app on your mobile
- Click Start
- Click Scan a QR code
- Use the camera to hover over the QR code provided
- Enter your mobile phone number
- Enter the confirmation code received
- Enable geolocation (compulsory to continue the process)
- Select the type of ID you have (ID card or passport)
- Follow the steps to take a photo of your ID
- Then take a selfie of yourself holding your ID in your hand in front of you
Your documents will then be sent securely to our support. These requests are given top priority with an average turnaround time of 2 hours during our support business hours.
We respect your privacy: this information will be kept until your case is fully processed. The data transmitted will in any case be automatically deleted after 72 hours in the event that your request is not processed.
This guide explains how to customize the time slot(s) during which Infomaniak can carry out maintenance to improve your services (new features, corrections, etc.). For the moment, this feature is only available for Cloud Servers (managed and unmanaged) and Jelastic Cloud.
If you do not indicate otherwise, scheduled maintenance generally takes place between 10:00 p.m. and 2:00 a.m.
Modify the time of your scheduled maintenance
- Open the Manager (manager.infomaniak.com)
- Go to the product concerned (Cloud Server, Jelastic Cloud, etc.)
- Click Scheduled maintenance
- Click Customize the time slot or Modify
Thank you for choosing Infomaniak's Jelastic Cloud! This guide explains how to transfer an environment from one Jelastic account to another.
These instructions are for your information only. Please refer to the official Jelastic documentation (in English only)
An environment can be transferred from any type of Jelastic account (trial, beta, disabled, etc.). Nevertheless, the recipient of the transfer must have a paid account.
Also make sure that the recipient account has not reached:
- The maximum number of cloudlets per container
- The maximum number of calculation nodes available for an environment
- The maximum number of environments for the account
You must use the user email address of the recipient account that is located under User in the Jelastic dashboard of the Recipient account.
- Click the Settings button opposite the environment to be transferred
- In the Settings menu, select the Change owner option
- Indicate the email address of the recipient account and then click Send
- If the recipient account exists and meets the transfer criteria, a notification will appear indicating that the request has been sent
- This icon: will appear in front of the environment to be transferred until the request for transfer has been accepted by the new owner
- Once the request for transfer has been accepted, the environment is removed from your account
Once the transfer is complete, it is possible to cancel the Jelastic product from your account. All credit still available at the time of cancellation will be automatically transferred to your Infomaniak prepaid account.
Find out more
- Startup guide: Jelastic Cloud
- Jelastic Cloud: restrictions of resources depending on the type of account
- Jelastic Cloud: launching commands with root access to any container