1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Thank you for entrusting us with the management of your services. We sincerely hope you have enjoyed using our products.
Feel free to share your personal experience with Infomaniak. We like to get feedback from our satisfied and less satisfied customers, because it allows us to improve the quality of our services and to offer solutions tailored to the needs of our customers.
Choose the product to cancel from this list:
- cancel a domain name
- cancel web hosting
- cancel email hosting
- cancel audio streaming
- cancel video streaming
- cancel VOD / AOD
- cancel a Cloud Server (managed or unmanaged)
- cancel a Synology
- cancel the Newsletter
- cancel Swiss Backup
- cancel Guest management
- cancel a WorkSpace account
- cancel a Jelastic Cloud (PaaS)
- cancel an SSL certificate
Thank you for choosing Infomaniak to create your PaaS!
- What is a platform as a service (PaaS)?
- What is a container or a node?
- What is Jelastic?
- What is a Cloudlet? How does Jelastic invoicing work?
- What technologies are supported by Jelastic Cloud?
- Is it possible to create a VPS with Jelastic Cloud?
- What are the possible ways to deploy an application?
- What is the difference between Jelastic Cloud and an unmanaged server?
We invite you to consult the official Jelastic documentation for any technical questions:
- Install clustered applications (WordPress, Magento, etc.)
- Create an environment
- Deploy an application or code
- Configure your servers: Java, PHP, Ruby, etc.
- Link a domain name
- Add a public IP address
- Monitor an application
- Connect in SSH
- Manage notifications linked to resource consumption
- Configure dynamic resizing horizontally and vertically
Don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Platform as a service (PaaS) is a complete development and deployment environment in the Cloud. This solution provides the resources necessary to supply any service from a simple Cloud application to sophisticated business applications. You access the platform via a secure portal and you pay for resources as used.
To learn more
A container is an isolated virtual instance to which resources are attributed (CPU, RAM, disk space) to manage software (Web applications, data bases, load balancers, etc). Each container can be automatically resized, both vertically and horizontally, which ensures the availability and performance of your applications.
Jelastic Cloud lets you create preconfigured containers for Java, PHP, Ruby, Node.js, Python and Go with just a click. You also can deploy any customised Docker container in the Cloud.
To learn more
Jelastic Cloud offers a flexible pricing model that adjusts to any type of use:
- The resources of your PaaS are supplied with granular units, called Cloudlets. The power of your environments is thus determined according to the number of Cloudlets you allocate to it, a Cloudlet offering 128 MB of RAM and 400 MHz of CPU.
- Automatic resizing of resources vertically and horizontally offers you the guarantee of better performance for your applications without paying for unused resources.
- By consuming Cloudlets, you automatically benefit from discounts of up to 65%.
What is the difference between reserved and dynamic Cloudlets?
When creating a container, you have the option to allocate reserved and dynamic Cloudlets to your environment:
- Reserved Cloudlets are resources that are continuously available. They are more advantageous than dynamic Cloudlets, but are invoiced independently of their use.
- Dynamic Cloudlets are resources that activate in the event of consumption peaks. They are only invoiced if they are used and according to your rules.
If you are unable to estimate the reserved resources you need, we advise you to start with a limited number of Cloudlets and adjust your configuration later. The 14-day trial period also enables you to assess your needs with no commitment.
Free resources included
Please consult this guide to find out more about resources and the characteristics of a paid account.
Find out more
Yes, Jelastic Cloud lets you create customized virtual private servers with CentOS, Ubuntu or other distributions using preconfigured and certified packages.
To learn more
Jelastic Cloud is one of the most complete and flexible PaaS solutions on the market.
Languages supported: you can deploy Java, PHP, Ruby Node.js, Python and Go applications without having to adapt your code by using Docker, Kubernetes, GIT, SVN or integrated extensions like Maven, Ant, Eclipse, NetBeans or IntelliJ IDEA.
Supported SQL and NoSQL databases: MariaDB, MongoDB, MySQL, Postgre, Redis, Neo4j, Cassandra, OrientDB, PerconaDB, CouchDB, Couchbase.
Supported application servers: Tomcat, TomEE, Jetty, GlassFish, Payara, Apache PHP, Apache Ruby, Apache Python, NGINX PHP, NGINX Ruby, NodeJS, JBoss, SmartFoxServer, SpringBoot, WildFly, Golang.
Supported load balancers: NGINX, Apache Balancer, HAProxy, Varnish.
To learn more
Applications can be deployed using a local file (zip, war, ear) or via GIT, SVN with automatic updates.
Jelastic also enables the use of other deployment tools via the following extensions: Mavin, Jenkins, Ant, Eclipse, NetBeans, IntelliJ IDEA.
To learn more
Jelastic Cloud is the product of a close collaboration between Infomaniak and the Jelastic company.
Infomaniak provides the infrastructure, ensures support and seeks to guarantee the performance, security and reliability of the solution. Our infrastructure continuously guarantees the availability and flow of your applications. It responds to traffic peaks and automatically reduces resource consumption during off-peak periods. This flexibility offers optimal cost/performance ratios because only the resources actually used are calculated. With this new Cloud service, you can thus align computing resources with the pace and flow of demand while maintaining perfect control over budget.
All of your data is managed in Switzerland at the Infomaniak datacentres and you also benefit from quality support in five languages.
Jelastic provides the software part of the product and ensures the software development of the solution. Founded in 2011, Jelastic is a platform that automates the creation, resizing, clustering and security updates of traditional and native applications in the Cloud. This solution also offers the advantage of accepting Java, PHP, Ruby, Node.js, Python,.NET, Go environments, as well as Docker.
To learn more
This guide gives recommendations to follow in case of a 502 error with Jelastic Cloud.
What to do in case of a 502 error with Jelastic Cloud
- Check the URL entered in the address bar of your Web browser
- From your Jelastic console, click on the environment concerned and then on the "Open in the browser" icon
If the problem persists:
- Check that the SSL certificate is active
- Check the proper operation of the called application
If these recommendations do not help you solve the issue, please contact our support.