1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
It is entirely possible to insert emojis in the subject line and the body of your newsletters.Displaying emoticons in Wondows and Mac OS
With a computer equipped with a recent version of mac OS, you just need to press the CTRL + CMD ⌘ + SPACE buttons.
With a computer equipped with Windows 10:
- Right click on an empty area of the task bar
- In th emenu, click on Display the touch keyboard
- A keyvoard icon will then appear in the task bar at the bottom right of your screen
- Click on this icon to make the virtual keyboard appear
- Click on the button with a smileyat the bottom left of the keyboard
- You can now use the different Windows 10 emojis
You can also add an extension to your internet browser to simplify this procedure.
Example of the use of emojis in the subject line of a newsletter
Example of th euse of smileys in the body of a newsletter
The optional UTM tags are used to create a link between the links in your Newsletters and the Google Analytics tracking of your site.
In step 1 of the creation of your Newsletter, you will find three fields to indicate utm_parameters keywords:
- Campaign source (utm_source)
- Campaign medium(utm_medium, email for example)
- Campaign name (utm_campaign n= name of your campaign for example)
How to use this feature
- Fill in the 3 UTM fields in step 1 of your Newsletter creation
- Insert a link to your site's URL (the latter must be correctly configured and analysed by Google Analytics) in the body of the newsletter in step 3
- nWhen the reader clicks on it, he/she will land on the URL followed by the terms "?utm_source = ... & utm_medium = ... & utm_campaign = ...with your keywords instead of "...".
If you specify multiple keywords in these fields, any spaces will be replaced by underscores _.
In the future, the user will be able to enter dynamic formulas in these fields, such as the date of the day, for example.
This guide explains how to transfer an Infomaniak product from one client account to another.
Generating the transfer link for the product to be transferred
- Open this page with the login details for the account that contains the product(s) to be transferred (this will only function if you are in the right client account, connected with a user who has sufficient administrative rights)
- Click Transfer products
- Tick the product(s) to be transferred
- Read and accept the Terms and conditions
- Click Transfer
- Copy the transfer link or send it to the email address of your choice
Importing the product into the chosen account
Open the link you have copied or from the email with the login details of the client account
- If necessary, choose the destination account using the drop-down menu
- Read and accept the Terms and conditions
- Click Receive products (if the button is not clickable, make sure you have selected the destination account)
This guide explains how to disable tracking in your next Newsletter. The links you insert in the body of your Newsletter will no longer be transformed but you will not have any statistical feedback on use made of your Newsletter by your recipients.
Disabling statistics for following links
When creating your new Newsletter, at step 1, under Tracking make sure statistics for following links is set to NO -
Disabling statistics for monitoring opening rates
When creating your new Newsletter, at step 1, under Tracking make sure statistics for monitoring opening rates is set to NO-
Infomaniak is a Swiss hosting service provider governed by Swiss law. These federal laws and our General terms and conditions for use stipulate that potential recipients must give their prior consent before being added to an email mailing list.
How do you give your consent?
For a newsletter registration to be considered voluntary:
- Users must enter their email address in a dedicated form for a specific topic
- The user must click a link to confirm their registration for the newsletter via an email that is sent to them. This registration must only concern the topic specified at the time of registration.
- The user's newsletter subscription must be saved with their IP address and registration date.
This is called double opt-in registration.
The owner of an email address can flag any email message as spam at any time. Collecting user subscription via double opt-in is thus the only means to protect against complaints for spam.
What to do in case of a complaint for spam
As an email service provider, Infomaniak must show that it cooperates in the fight against spam and ensure that its clients are not blacklisted by the email service providers of any complaining party (Gmail, Bluewin, Orange, etc.).
In case of a complaint for spam, we may therefore temporarily suspend outgoing email and request the sender of the message for proof of the registration of the complaining party; the complaint may become null and void, as the case may be. Find out more: https://faq.infomaniak.com/1821
On the other hand, the complaint will be justified if no proof of registration is provided and we may be obliged to take certain measures: suspension of the email address and domain name, or the termination of the contract in case of a repeat offence.
How to respect the legislation
If you wish to carry out email campaigns, make sure that you have the information described in point 3 above (IP address and date of registration for each subscriber). We recommend you create a list by inserting a contact form on your website that ensures you collect the email addresses of your subscribers via double opt-in. Find out more: https://faq.infomaniak.com/2167
An unsubscribe link must also be visible and appear at the bottom of each of your newsletters.
This guide explains how to provide useful details when you request help from Infomaniak support.
Authorizing Support to access your content
It is possible to temporarily grant access to the content of your WorkSpace and your Drive with the possibility of cancelling this access at any time.
Only those Infomaniak staff members who handle your support ticket will have access.
- Open the Manager (manager.infomaniak.com) or your WorkSpace (workspace.infomaniak.com)
- Click your user name at the top right of the page
- Click My profile in the menu that appears
- Click Technical support (or https://manager.infomaniak.com/support) in the left side menu
- Click the access authorization button for the product concerned (authorizing one does not authorize another - these authorizations are specific).
Making a screen grab
Microsoft offers preinstalled software dedicated to screen grabs. But to do them manually:
- Display what you want/need to send on the screen
- Press PRINTSCREEN on your keyboard (or PRTSCR, etc.) once
- In Microsoft Word (or similar), go to "Edit" -> "Paste" to put your image on the page
- "Save" your file
- Repeat the operation from point 1 to point 5 as many times as the number of screen grabs you need
Mac OS X
- Simultaneously press "cmd" + "caps/shift" (the empty arrow pointing upwards) +"3"
- Each time you press these keys, an image file is created on your computer's desktop
Apple iOS (iPhone, iPad...)
- Press the "Power" + "Home" buttons at the same time (the only two physical buttons)
- You will then find the screengrabs in your device's "Photos" app
Google Android (e.g. Samsung, LG or Sony)
- Simultaneously press the volume down (on the side) and the locking button
- The image captured is then automatically saved in a Screenshots folder in the gallery
To copy-paste an error message present in a Windows popup in text form, simply hit "CTRL" + "C" on your keyboard to copy the message onto the clipboard... You can then paste it ("CTRL" + "V") in the body of the email you send to us.
Chrome, Firefox and Safari: enter the combination ctrl + caps + i
Internet Explorer and Edge: hit F12
Mac OS X
Chrome: enter the combination ⌘ + ⌥ + J
Safari: enter ⌘ + ⌥ + C
Then click on the round struck-through icon to set the log back to zero.
Infomaniak Network SA is a neutral, independent company, and we fully control the design and management of our datacenters.
Swiss law regarding data protection ensures total confidentiality for individuals, and no government can have access to personal information without the approval of a judge.
Infomaniak employees are subject to professional secrecy and maintain the strictest confidentiality over the information communicated (see also Article 7 of our General Terms of Service).
This guide will help you familiarize yourself with the main products we offer.
Infomaniak offers the lowest rates for .ch, .fr, .be, and .swiss domain names.
- Register a domain name (with 1 free email address, 1 Web page and 100 credits to send newsletters)
- Domain Privacy: the solution to protect the Whois data of your domains
- Renewal Warranty: the guarantee you will never lose your domains
Web and Mail hosting
Infomaniak has been ranked as the French-speaking web host that offers the best performance. Find out more
Web + Mail hosting (popular)
- to create your sites with your email addresses
- 100 GB of space (expandable)
- 25 email addresses (expandable)
- optimized for WordPress and over 100 CMS
- 80 Elegant Themes plugins and themes included
- enables you to manage multiple websites (20 sites included)
- to create your professional email addresses
- 5 email addresses (expandable)
- unlimited attachment size
- spam and virus protection
- webmail with synching of contacts and calendars
- to create your sites with dedicated resources and technology
- as easily managed as classic Web hosting
- optimized for WordPress and over 100 CMS
- Elegant Themes plugins and themes included
- can be used to manage multiple hostings and websites (5 hostings and 20 sites included)
- customized and scalable configuration
- to freely manage your server with Windows or Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, openSUSE, etc.)
- dedicated resources not shared with other clients
- customizable and scalable configuration
Jelastic Cloud (an easy alternative to AWS and Google Cloud Platform)
- enables you to create made-to-measure environments (PHP, Node.js, Java, Docker, Kubernetes, Ruby, etc.)
- horizontal and vertical resource resizing on the fly
- ideal to deploy site and app clusters (WordPress, Magento, etc.)
- payment according to consumption
- flexible storage space (from 4 to over 40 TB)
- Internet connection faster than 60 Gbps
- unlimited traffic
- for organizations that must guarantee the availability of their sites/applications
- uptime guaranteed up to 100% by SLA
- load balancing with clusters of Web servers and databases
- based on a minimum of 5 servers distributed in several Infomaniak datacenters
- to encrypt the traffic on your sites and protect your visitors
- free Let's Encrypt SSL certificates with automatic renewal
- Sectigo professional EV and DV certificates
- very reasonable rates
- activation in just 1 click
Video and audio hosting
Over 1000 Swiss and European radio and television stations already use our services.
- to sync your data and collaborate via all your devices
- data replication in three different physical locations
- online office suite compatible with Word, Excel and PowerPoint files
- migration in 1 click from Dropbox, Google Drive and One Drive
- to send newsletters to an unlimited number of contacts
- no subscription and no commitment
- very competitive, sliding rates
- advanced statistics
- to manage your email, contacts and addresses on line
- collaborative Swiss webmail
- contact and calendar synching
- included free of charge with all email addresses managed by Infomaniak
- to install your servers, NAS, etc. in our Tier 3+ datacenters
- located in Geneva, Switzerland
- certified renewable energy
- flexible and transparent
- ISO 14001, ISO 50001, ISO 27001
- enables you to back up your workstations (Windows, macOS), servers (Linux, Synology NAS) and mobile devices (iOS, Android)
- replication of backups in three different physical locations
- automatic data encryption for greater security
- enables you to create and manage invitations to professional events (company outings, inaugurations, previews, meals, etc.)
- management of groups of guests
- relance automatique des invités
- mobile application to check guests
To add a variable (last name, first name, etc.) into your text from a field found on your subscriber list, in a wysiwyg theme you just need to click CUSTOMIZED FIELDS to insert the desired field.
With an HTML template, insert the name of the variable in capital letters surrounded by asterisks and separator lines: *|VARIABLE-NAME|*
For your subscribers' last names / first names, the tags are:
This variable can also be integrated into a HREF link, e.g., http://test.ch?name=*|LASTNAME|*
To put an unsubscribe link in the desired place ("unsubscribe"), insert *|UNSUBSCRIBED|* but with no action on your part, this link is inserted automatically at the bottom of your Newsletter.
To manually add a link to an online version of your newsletter, insert *|ARCHIVE|* but with no action on your part, this link will be inserted automatically at the top of your Newsletter.
This guide explains how to use the Infomaniak Newsletter tool with a domain name which is not managed with Infomaniak.
Link an external domain to the Infomaniak Newsletter tool
- Create an Infomaniak account (if you do not already have one)
- Log onto Manager (manager.infomaniak.com)
- Go to Newsletter
- Click on Add a domain (if necessary)
- Choose Other domain in the drop-down menu (if necessary)
- Enter the domain name with which you wish to send newsletters (the domain must belong to you)
- Add TXT andCNAME registrations which are sent by email from the registrar your domain is managed with