1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
It is entirely possible to insert characters like emojis or emoticons in the subject line of your Newsletter.
This guide explains how to disable tracking in your next Newsletter. The links you insert in the body of your Newsletter will no longer be transformed but you will not have any statistical feedback on use made of your Newsletter by your recipients.
Disabling statistics for following links
When creating your new Newsletter, at step 1, under Tracking make sure statistics for following links is set to NO -
Disabling statistics for monitoring opening rates
When creating your new Newsletter, at step 1, under Tracking make sure statistics for monitoring opening rates is set to NO-
Thank you for entrusting us with the management of your services. We sincerely hope you have enjoyed using our products.
Feel free to share your personal experience with Infomaniak. We like to get feedback from our satisfied and less satisfied customers, because it allows us to improve the quality of our services and to offer solutions tailored to the needs of our customers.
Choose the product to cancel from this list:
- cancelling a domain name
- cancelling a web hosting
- cancelling an Email Hosting
- cancelling an audio streaming
- cancelling a video streaming
- cancelling VOD / AOD
- cancelling a Cloud Server (managed or unmanaged)
- cancelling a Synology server
- cancelling the Newsletter
This guide explains how to provide useful details when you are completing a support request in order to get help.
Making a screen grab
Microsoft offers a preinstalled software dedicated to screen grabs. But to do them manually:
- Display what you want/need to send on the screen
- Press PRINTSCREEN on your keyboard (or PRTSCR, etc.) once
- In Microsoft Word (or similar), go to "Edit" -> "Paste" to put your image on the page
- "Save" your file
- Start the operation again from point 1 to point 5 as many times as the number of screen grabs you need
Mac OS X
- Press "cmd" + "caps/shift" (the empty arrow pointing upwards) +"3" at the same time
- Each time you press these keys, an image file is created on your computer's desktop
Apple iOS (iPhone, iPad...)
- Press the "Power" + "Home" buttons at the same time (the only two physical buttons)
- You will then find the screengrabs in your device's "Photos" app
Google Android (e.g. Samsung, LG or Sony)
- Press the volume down (on the side) and the locking button at the same time
- The image captured is then automatically saved in a Screenshots folder in the
gallery. To copy-paste an error message present in a Windows popup in text form, simply hit "CTRL" + "C" on your keyboard to copy the message onto the clipboard... You can then paste it ("CTRL" + "V") in the body of the email you are sending.
browser Chrome, Firefox and Safari: enter the combination ctrl + caps + I
Internet Explorer and Edge: hit F12
Mac OS X
Chrome: enter the combination ⌘ + ⌥ + J
Safari: enter ⌘ + ⌥ + C
Then click on the round crossed out icon to set the log back to zero.
To use the Newsletter tool automatically, you must manage the domain name you want to send your newsletters from (as well as its DNS zone) in the new Infomaniak admin console in order to use the Newsletter tool. For example, if you send your newsletters from the address firstname.lastname@example.org, the domain test.com must be managed with Infomaniak.
It is possible, by request, to use the Newsletter tool with a domain that is not managed with Infomaniak, you must add specific entries, which we will provide, into your DNS zone.
- If you transfer the domain name you use to send your newsletters to another registrar, you can no longer use the Newsletter tool and your account will be automatically disabled after 45 days.
This guide explains why a newsletter might be blocked from being sent and how to continue sending a blocked newsletter.
Why block a newsletter from being sent?
Please be aware of the following steps:
- A newsletter is blocked from being sent if too many of the recipient email addresses are invalid
- A newsletter may be blocked if the SPAM rate is too high
- After a newsletter has been blocked, you must contact our support team to be able to send the blocked message
In order to avoid this situation:
- use only contact lists you have made up yourself
- make up your contact lists with double opt-in forms (to find out more)
- remove contacts you have not written to for over 6 months. Seldom-used contact lists also risk containing obsolete email addresses
- if needed, automatically clean your subscriber list with services such as neverbounce or bounceless
Completing the sending of a blocked newsletter
After you have contacted our support team to unblock the sending:
- open the newsletter tool (https://newsletter.infomaniak.com)
- go to Newsletters
- click on the newsletter which has been blocked from being sent
- go to the last step Validation & Sending
- click on Send the newsletter. The newsletter will automatically be sent to the contacts which have not yet received it
If you do a test send of your Newsletter (last step before the final send)
then it is normal for the links present in your sent message during the test (top part: "READ THIS EMAIL IN MY BROWSER" = link to see the message in a browser and bottom part: "UNSUBSCRIBE" = link to allow the user to unsubscribe) to not work.
They will of course be functional when you actually send the newsletter.
As indicated on our introduction page (click here to open a new window) the Newsletter lets you send a certain number of messages per month, and this number can be increased based on the other products you have or credit purchases you make under the same customer account.
- Free credits are deducted before purchased credits
- Free credits are cumulative by product, but are not carried over to the next month if not used
- Purchased credits do not expire
This guide shows how to export and save contacts from the "Discussion lists" tool in a .txt file
Exporting contacts in a .txt file
To import these contacts to the new newsletter tool:
- Change the .txt file extension to .csv
- Follow this guide: https://faq.infomaniak.com/2165
To add a variable (last name, first name, etc.) into your text from a field found on your subscriber list, you just need to click on the button in a wysiwyg theme to insert the desired field. With a template for HTML, insert the name of the variable in capital letters and surrounded by asterisks and separator lines: *|VARIABLE-NAME|*
To manually add a link to an online version of your newsletter, insert *|ARCHIVE|* but without any action on your part, this link will be inserted automatically at the top of your Newsletter.