1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
This guide explains how to disable tracking in your next Newsletter. The links you insert in the body of your Newsletter will no longer be transformed but you will not have any statistical feedback on use made of your Newsletter by your recipients.
Disabling statistics for following links
When creating your new Newsletter, at step 1, under Tracking make sure statistics for following links is set to NO -
Disabling statistics for monitoring opening rates
When creating your new Newsletter, at step 1, under Tracking make sure statistics for monitoring opening rates is set to NO-
It is entirely possible to insert emojis in the subject line and the body of your newsletters.Displaying emoticons in Wondows and Mac OS
With a computer equipped with a recent version of mac OS, you just need to press the CTRL + CMD ⌘ + SPACE buttons.
With a computer equipped with Windows 10:
- Right click on an empty area of the task bar
- In th emenu, click on Display the touch keyboard
- A keyvoard icon will then appear in the task bar at the bottom right of your screen
- Click on this icon to make the virtual keyboard appear
- Click on the button with a smileyat the bottom left of the keyboard
- You can now use the different Windows 10 emojis
You can also add an extension to your internet browser to simplify this procedure.
Example of the use of emojis in the subject line of a newsletter
Example of th euse of smileys in the body of a newsletter
To add a variable (last name, first name, etc.) into your text from a field found on your subscriber list, in a wysiwyg theme you just need to click CUSTOMIZED FIELDS to insert the desired field.
With an HTML template, insert the name of the variable in capital letters surrounded by asterisks and separator lines: *|VARIABLE-NAME|*
For your subscribers' last names / first names, the tags are:
This variable can also be integrated into a HREF link, e.g., http://test.ch?name=*|LASTNAME|*
To put an unsubscribe link in the desired place ("unsubscribe"), insert *|UNSUBSCRIBED|* but with no action on your part, this link is inserted automatically at the bottom of your Newsletter.
To manually add a link to an online version of your newsletter, insert *|ARCHIVE|* but with no action on your part, this link will be inserted automatically at the top of your Newsletter.
This guide explains how to use the Infomaniak Newsletter tool with a domain name which is not managed with Infomaniak.
Link an external domain to the Infomaniak Newsletter tool
- Create an Infomaniak account (if you do not already have one)
- Log onto Manager (manager.infomaniak.com)
- Go to Newsletter
- Click on Add a domain (if necessary)
- Choose Other domain in the drop-down menu (if necessary)
- Enter the domain name with which you wish to send newsletters (the domain must belong to you)
- Add TXT andCNAME registrations which are sent by email from the registrar your domain is managed with
Find out more
This guide explains how to create an API key for the Infomaniak Newsletter tool.
Getting an API key
- Open the newsletter tool (https://newsletter.infomaniak.com)
- Click on the relevant domain
- On the left-hand menu, click on API key
- Click on Create an API key
Read the Newsletter API documentation.
This guide presents the conditions available to segment and filter your contact lists when sending a newsletter.
Segment contact lists
- open the Newsletter tool: https://newsletter.infomaniak.com
- open a draft or create a new newsletter
- in step 4 (Contacts), add one or more contact lists
- tick the box "Send to a segment of selected contacts"
- choose the filters you want
- click on Update at the bottom of the page to apply the filters
Filters / Conditions available for segmentation
It is possible to filter contacts according to actions performed or not, their registration dateand some customised fields. You can apply several conditions and add "OR" conditions in order to refine your filters. For example, it is possible to send a newsletter to all your contacts who have opened the 5 last newsletters OR who have opened a specific campaign.
Conditions available for the actions:
- filter contacts who have opened or not 1 / the last 5 / or a specific campaign
- filter the contacts who have clicked or not on one of the links from 1 / the last 5 / or a specific campaign
- filter contacts who have received or not 1 / the last 5 / or a specific campaign
Conditions available for the registration date:
- filter contacts registered on DD/MM/YYYY
- filter contacts registered after or before DD/MM/YYYY
- filter contacts registered between DD/MM/YYYY and DD/MM/YYYY
Conditions available for the customised fields:
- filter contacts whose customised field XXX is or is not DDDD
- filter contacts whose customised field XXX contains or does not contain EEEE
- filter contacts whose customised field XXX starts with FFFF
- filter contacts whose customised field XXX ends with GGGG
This guide explains how the credits system for our new email service works.
Managing credits for sending newsletters
Generally, 1 credit = 1 newsletter sent.
There re two types of credits:
- The credits offered wit heach of our Infomaniak products (not reported in the following months in the event of non-use)
- The credits purchased (the shelf life is unlimited)
The credits offered are debited before the credits purchased.
Find out more
To use the Newsletter tool automatically, you must manage the domain name you want to send your newsletters from (as well as its DNS zone) in the new Infomaniak admin console in order to use the Newsletter tool. For example, if you send your newsletters from the address firstname.lastname@example.org, the domain test.com must be managed with Infomaniak.
It is possible to use the Newsletter tool with a domain that is not managed with Infomaniak, you must add specific entries, which we will provide, into your DNS zone.
- If you transfer the domain name you use to send your newsletters to another registrar, you can no longer use the Newsletter tool and your account will be automatically disabled after 45 days.
This guide shows how to export and save contacts from the old newsletter tool in a .csv file
Exporting contacts in a .csv file
To import these contacts to the new newsletter tool: https://faq.infomaniak.com/2165
This guide explains why a newsletter might be blocked from being sent and how to continue sending a blocked newsletter.
Why block a newsletter from being sent?
Please be aware of the following steps:
- A newsletter is blocked from being sent if too many of the recipient email addresses are invalid
- A newsletter may be blocked if the SPAM rate is too high
- After a newsletter has been blocked, you must contact our support team to be able to send the blocked message
In order to avoid this situation:
- use only contact lists you have made up yourself
- make up your contact lists with double opt-in forms (to find out more)
- remove contacts you have not written to for over 6 months. Seldom-used contact lists also risk containing obsolete email addresses
- if needed, automatically clean your subscriber list with services such as neverbounce, bounceless or quickemailverification
Completing the sending of a blocked newsletter
After you have contacted our support team to unblock the sending:
- open the newsletter tool (https://newsletter.infomaniak.com)
- go to Newsletters
- click on the newsletter which has been blocked from being sent
- go to the last step Validation & Sending
- click on Send the newsletter. The newsletter will automatically be sent to the contacts which have not yet received it