1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
It is entirely possible to insert emojis in the subject line and the body of your newsletters.Displaying emoticons in Wondows and Mac OS
With a computer equipped with a recent version of mac OS, you just need to press the CTRL + CMD ⌘ + SPACE buttons.
With a computer equipped with Windows 10:
- Right click on an empty area of the task bar
- In th emenu, click on Display the touch keyboard
- A keyvoard icon will then appear in the task bar at the bottom right of your screen
- Click on this icon to make the virtual keyboard appear
- Click on the button with a smileyat the bottom left of the keyboard
- You can now use the different Windows 10 emojis
You can also add an extension to your internet browser to simplify this procedure.
Example of the use of emojis in the subject line of a newsletter
Example of th euse of smileys in the body of a newsletter
This guide explains how to transfer an Infomaniak product (domain name, Web hosting, etc.) from one client account to another.
Generating the transfer link for the product to be transferred
- open the Manager (manager.infomaniak.com) with the login details for the account which owns the product to be transferred
- go to Product management
- in the left side menu click on Product transfers
- click on Transfer products
- choose the products to be transferred and confirm at the bottom of the page
- copy the transfer code (it is also sent by email to your user account email address)
Importing the product to the client account you want
- open the Manager (manager.infomaniak.com) using the login details for the account to which the product is to be imported
- visit the link obtained when creating the product transfer
A transfer link is valid for 24 hours. You can cancel a transfer, provided it has not already been completed, from the homepage.
This guide explains how to disable tracking in your next Newsletter. The links you insert in the body of your Newsletter will no longer be transformed but you will not have any statistical feedback on use made of your Newsletter by your recipients.
Disabling statistics for following links
When creating your new Newsletter, at step 1, under Tracking make sure statistics for following links is set to NO -
Disabling statistics for monitoring opening rates
When creating your new Newsletter, at step 1, under Tracking make sure statistics for monitoring opening rates is set to NO-
Thank you for entrusting us with the management of your services. We sincerely hope you have enjoyed using our products.
Feel free to share your personal experience with Infomaniak. We like to get feedback from our satisfied and less satisfied customers, because it allows us to improve the quality of our services and to offer solutions tailored to the needs of our customers.
Choose the product to cancel from this list:
- cancelling a domain name
- cancelling a web hosting
- cancelling an Email Hosting
- cancelling an audio streaming
- cancelling a video streaming
- cancelling VOD / AOD
- cancelling a Cloud Server (managed or unmanaged)
- cancelling a Synology server
- cancelling the Newsletter
This guide explains how to provide useful details when you are completing a support request in order to get help.
Making a screen grab
Microsoft offers a preinstalled software dedicated to screen grabs. But to do them manually:
- Display what you want/need to send on the screen
- Press PRINTSCREEN on your keyboard (or PRTSCR, etc.) once
- In Microsoft Word (or similar), go to "Edit" -> "Paste" to put your image on the page
- "Save" your file
- Start the operation again from point 1 to point 5 as many times as the number of screen grabs you need
Mac OS X
- Press "cmd" + "caps/shift" (the empty arrow pointing upwards) +"3" at the same time
- Each time you press these keys, an image file is created on your computer's desktop
Apple iOS (iPhone, iPad...)
- Press the "Power" + "Home" buttons at the same time (the only two physical buttons)
- You will then find the screengrabs in your device's "Photos" app
Google Android (e.g. Samsung, LG or Sony)
- Press the volume down (on the side) and the locking button at the same time
- The image captured is then automatically saved in a Screenshots folder in the
gallery. To copy-paste an error message present in a Windows popup in text form, simply hit "CTRL" + "C" on your keyboard to copy the message onto the clipboard... You can then paste it ("CTRL" + "V") in the body of the email you are sending.
browser Chrome, Firefox and Safari: enter the combination ctrl + caps + I
Internet Explorer and Edge: hit F12
Mac OS X
Chrome: enter the combination ⌘ + ⌥ + J
Safari: enter ⌘ + ⌥ + C
Then click on the round crossed out icon to set the log back to zero.
Infomaniak Network SA is a neutral, independent company, and we fully control the design and management of our datacenters.
Swiss law regarding data protection ensures total confidentiality for individuals, and no government can have access to personal information without the approval of a judge.
Infomaniak employees are subject to professional secrecy and maintain the strictest confidentiality over the information communicated (see also Article 7 of our General Terms of Service).
To add a variable (last name, first name, etc.) into your text from a field found on your subscriber list, in a wysiwyg theme you just need to click on CUSTOMISED FIELDS to insert the desired field.
With a template for HTML, insert the name of the variable in capital letters surrounded by asterisks and separator lines: *|VARIABLE-NAME|*
This variable can also be integrated into a HREF link, for example http://test.ch?name=*|NAME|*
To put an unsubscribe link in the desired place ("unsubscribe") insert *|UNSUBSCRIBED|* but with no action on your part, this link is inserted automatically at the bottom of your Newsletter.
To manually add a link to an online version of your newsletter, insert *|ARCHIVE|* but without any action on your part, this link will be inserted automatically at the top of your Newsletter.
This guide explains how to use the Infomaniak Newsletter tool with a domain name which is not managed with Infomaniak.
Link an external domain to the Infomaniak Newsletter tool
- Create an Infomaniak account (if you do not already have one)
- Log onto Manager (manager.infomaniak.com)
- Go to Newsletter
- Click on Add a domain (if necessary)
- Choose Other domain in the drop-down menu (if necessary)
- Enter the domain name with which you wish to send newsletters (the domain must belong to you)
- Add TXT andCNAME registrations which are sent by email from the registrar your domain is managed with
Find out more
This guide explains how to create an API key for the Infomaniak Newsletter tool.
Getting an API key
- Open the newsletter tool (https://newsletter.infomaniak.com)
- Click on the relevant domain
- On the left-hand menu, click on API key
- Click on Create an API key
Read the Newsletter API documentation.
This guide presents the conditions available to segment and filter your contact lists when sending a newsletter.
Segment contact lists
- open the Newsletter tool: https://newsletter.infomaniak.com
- open a draft or create a new newsletter
- in step 4 (Contacts), add one or more contact lists
- tick the box "Send to a segment of selected contacts"
- choose the filters you want
- click on Update at the bottom of the page to apply the filters
Filters / Conditions available for segmentation
It is possible to filter contacts according to actions performed or not, their registration dateand some customised fields. You can apply several conditions and add "OR" conditions in order to refine your filters. For example, it is possible to send a newsletter to all your contacts who have opened the 5 last newsletters OR who have opened a specific campaign.
Conditions available for the actions:
- filter contacts who have opened or not 1 / the last 5 / or a specific campaign
- filter the contacts who have clicked or not on one of the links from 1 / the last 5 / or a specific campaign
- filter contacts who have received or not 1 / the last 5 / or a specific campaign
Conditions available for the registration date:
- filter contacts registered on DD/MM/YYYY
- filter contacts registered after or before DD/MM/YYYY
- filter contacts registered between DD/MM/YYYY and DD/MM/YYYY
Conditions available for the customised fields:
- filter contacts whose customised field XXX is or is not DDDD
- filter contacts whose customised field XXX contains or does not contain EEEE
- filter contacts whose customised field XXX starts with FFFF
- filter contacts whose customised field XXX ends with GGGG