1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
The FTP File Manager, our control panel for VOD and streaming products, as well as our Webmail system, may not work with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 and below, or with screens with a lower resolution than 1024x768.
Occasionally, even if you have the latest version of a given browser, it may be set up to run in compatbility mode, i.e. it presents itself as an earlier version to sites visited (which may resolve certain display issues, for example). You should therefore check within your browser that you have not enabled such a mode: Internet Explorer 9 (IE9), Internet Explorer 10 (IE10)
There is no longer any reason not to move to a recent version of a browser such as Mozilla Firefox. That way, you can be sure that any security flaws are regularly patched and that you can view sites with any of the latest technologies that they may contain. Therefore, we do not offer support for issue encountered with the aforementioned browsers and resolutions.
To access the old Webmail system, please go to https://webmail1.infomaniak.ch
This guide explains how to transfer an Infomaniak product (domain name, Web hosting, etc.) from one client account to another.
Generating the transfer link for the product to be transferred
- open this page with the login details for the account which contains the product(s) to be transferred
- click on Transfer products
- tick the product(s) to be transferred and read and acceptgeneral terms and conditions
- click on Transfer
- copy the transfer link ou send it to the email address of your choice
Importing the product into a chosen account
- open the link you have copied or from the email with the login details of the client account
- if necessary choose the destination account using the drop menu
- read and accept the general terms and conditions
- click onReceive products
(if the button is not clickable, make sure you have selected the destination account)
- the current owner of the product must validate the transfer within one week
Excess is simply calculated per extra Terabyte bandwidth (the price of the exceeding is specified on the invoices and order), knowing that as a basis, all customers are entitled to 2 TB per month.
Automatic blocking of a stream because it might go over its limit isn't planned. However it is possible to accomplish this manually by adding restrictions and by lowering the stream bitrate at the end of the month in order to consume less bandwidth.
- RTMP is compatible with Flash only, which excludes mobiles or HTML5, for example
- HTTP-Streaming does not exist in a unified form and several manufacturers produce their own implementation (Apple HTTP-Streaming for iPhone/iPad/iPod, Flash dynamic streaming or Adobe and Flash).
As soon as a standard encoding is supported by Adobe Flash Player, Flash Player will be the preferred solution as it is significantly more advanced in terms of customisation, options and features (VAST, adsWizz, playlists, chapter indexing, etc.) than the HTML5 version. If the Adobe plugin is not installed in the browser, an HTML5 version will then be loaded, depending on the browser's level of HTML5 support and availability of a suitable decoder that is compatible with the browser in question.
But with suitable cameras, delivering H.264 natively, there is no need for an encoder: you can simply connect your camera directly to your video streaming system. However, this system only works with a limited list of cameras (those allowing video to be encoded in the correct format). Some modules, such as video recording, are not compatible with the way IP cameras work.
To access the configuration, go to your control panel and to Configuration -> Encoder Configuration -> RTSP
Should a problem occur, you will need to start by checking that you are able to view the camera stream over your own network using a video player such as VLC. Please check its connectivity and ensure that the camera works properly with the public address that you are intending to use: the camera must be publicly accessible.
Another important point is that it is necessary to use port 554 for RTSP and not a custom port. This protocol is quite sensitive to network disruptions and you must therefore declare it correctly, which is why any other port will be denied.
List of cameras supported:
- Axis: M10X, M11X, M30X, M31X, M7001, P13X, P33X, P55X, Q1755, Q60X
- Sony: snc-ch110, dh110, ch210, dh210, ch120, dh120, ch140, dh140, ch160, dh160, ch180, dh180, ch220, dh220, ch240, dh240, ch260, dh260, ch280, dh280, rh124, rh164
- Panasonic: information not currently available
When you have already ordered a video stream and you go back to your Manager (manager.infomaniak.com) under the products ordering menu, you will be able to modify your existing streams.
Actions to be carried out
The list of your video streams is located under the streaming ordering section. To modify the stream, click on the icon on the right which allows you to modify an existing stream.
When you select some new parameters, the price of your offer will be automatically updated. You can choose to pay the difference straight away, in order to benefit from the changes immediately. You may also choose to pay at the current contract's due date, but the change will only be made at that date.
You may customise the URLs used by your video streams so that references to Infomaniak are replaced with custom text.
Add a CNAME entry to livevideo.domain.xyz pointing to livevideo.infomaniak.com
- open the Manager(manager.infomaniak.com)
- Go to Domain name
- click on the DNS management icon
- click on Manage DNS Zones
- go down to Domain Alias (CNAME Record)
- Create the subdomain livevideo with the value livevideo.infomaniak.com
This solution enables you to offer automatically the video of a program as soon as the live broadcast or the daily news is over for example, so as to make it automatically available to your audience.
This option is available when you order or at a later time for EUR 200 / CHF 300.- per year, storage space (which can be an FTP space or a VOD space) not included.
The player will periodically try to connect again until a space is freed. This means that there is no order of priority. The first arrived will not necessarily be the first to get a space.