1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
This guide explains how to transfer an Infomaniak product from one client account to another.
Generating the transfer link for the product to be transferred
- Open this page with the login details for the account that contains the product(s) to be transferred (this will only function if you are in the right client account, connected with a user who has sufficient administrative rights)
- Click Transfer products
- Tick the product(s) to be transferred
- Read and accept the Terms and conditions
- Click Transfer
- Copy the transfer link or send it to the email address of your choice
Importing the product into the chosen account
Open the link you have copied or from the email with the login details of the client account
- If necessary, choose the destination account using the drop-down menu
- Read and accept the Terms and conditions
- Click Receive products (if the button is not clickable, make sure you have selected the destination account)
But with suitable cameras, delivering H.264 natively, there is no need for an encoder: you can simply connect your camera directly to your video streaming system. However, this system only works with a limited list of cameras (those allowing video to be encoded in the correct format). Some modules, such as video recording, are not compatible with the way IP cameras work.
To access the configuration, go to your control panel and to Configuration -> Encoder Configuration -> RTSP
Should a problem occur, you will need to start by checking that you are able to view the camera stream over your own network using a video player such as VLC. Please check its connectivity and ensure that the camera works properly with the public address that you are intending to use: the camera must be publicly accessible.
Another important point is that it is necessary to use port 554 for RTSP and not a custom port. This protocol is quite sensitive to network disruptions and you must therefore declare it correctly, which is why any other port will be denied.
List of cameras supported:
- Axis: M10X, M11X, M30X, M31X, M7001, P13X, P33X, P55X, Q1755, Q60X
- Sony: snc-ch110, dh110, ch210, dh210, ch120, dh120, ch140, dh140, ch160, dh160, ch180, dh180, ch220, dh220, ch240, dh240, ch260, dh260, ch280, dh280, rh124, rh164
- Panasonic: information not currently available
You may customise the URLs used by your video streams so that references to Infomaniak are replaced with custom text.
Add a CNAME entry to livevideo.domain.xyz pointing to livevideo.infomaniak.com
- open the Manager(manager.infomaniak.com)
- Go to Domain name
- click on the DNS management icon
- click on Manage DNS Zones
- go down to Domain Alias (CNAME Record)
- Create the subdomain livevideo with the value player.infomaniak.com
It's possible to record a live broadcast on the fly or schedule the recording from our administration console or API.
This solution enables you to offer automatically the video of a program as soon as the live broadcast or the daily news is over for example, so as to make it automatically available to your audience.
This option is available when you order or at a later time for EUR 275 / CHF 275.- per year, storage space (which can be an FTP space or a VOD space) not included.
That being said, in the case of audio streaming, it's very easy to send an audio stream: all you need is a computer (a laptop will also do), equipped with a sound card, and upon which you install a paying or free software, such as those indicated in this FAQ (click here).
For video streaming, it's kind of the same principle, but you will need a video capture card. We recommend the UltraStudio SDI HDMI card, which requires a USB3 connector, compatible with Windows, at a price under 350€. Please also read this FAQ (click here).
To obtain good video quality, it is necessary to provide a bitrate of at least 1600 kbit/s.
In order to avoid problems of lag or lost connections, it is recommended to have a throughput that is at least twice that used for streaming. However, it is possible to reduce the quality if bandwidth is limited.
To broadcast a stream on mobile devices, it is recommended to have a throughput of less than 1Mbit/s per stream or to use the multi-bitrate (recommended).
It correlates with the feed cuts if you establish one (or several in a row, by managing the overlap), since this timer indicates the end of the scheduled outage.
Note: it takes 2 minutes for a scheduled outage to be reflected in the countdown.
If you wish to avoid finding your TV or video stream on other websites that you do not own, you can restrict the broadcast to your own website and prohibit any integration elsewhere.
Important: this protection does not prevent the integration of a stream via an HTML iframe tag. We recommend you protect it with a unique hash code for a better level of security.
Restriction by domain
- Open the Manager (manager.infomaniak.com)
- Go to Video streaming
- Go to the Settings of the stream concerned
- Go to Restrictions and then to the Restriction by domain tab
- Add the restriction by domain with your own internet site as well as the sites authorized to download the stream
Restriction by token (recommended)
Please follow this guide.