1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Actions to be carried out
Simply get the two streams ready with Infomaniak
Then from yout Flash Media Live Encoder interface, tick the appropriate resolutions (Fig. 1)
On the right hand side, separate the names of your streams with a semicolon (Fig. 2)
To obtain good video quality, it is necessary to provide a bitrate of at least 1600 kbit/s.
In order to avoid problems of lag or lost connections, it is recommended to have a throughput that is at least twice that used for streaming. However, it is possible to reduce the quality if bandwidth is limited.
To broadcast a stream on mobile devices, it is recommended to have a throughput of less than 1Mbit/s per stream or to use the multi-bitrate (recommended).
To avoid this, all you need to do is launch the alternative FMLECmd.exe application located in the same folder as the main software. That way, it will launch as command line and will automatically stream your images without your intervention.
Set the automatic launching of this application when the computer (re)boots. That way, if there were to be a power cut or unwanted rebooting of your equipment, the stream will continue virtually without any break.
But with suitable cameras, delivering H.264 natively, there is no need for an encoder: you can simply connect your camera directly to your video streaming system. However, this system only works with a limited list of cameras (those allowing video to be encoded in the correct format). Some modules, such as video recording, are not compatible with the way IP cameras work.
To access the configuration, go to your control panel and to Configuration -> Encoder Configuration -> RTSP
Should a problem occur, you will need to start by checking that you are able to view the camera stream over your own network using a video player such as VLC. Please check its connectivity and ensure that the camera works properly with the public address that you are intending to use: the camera must be publicly accessible.
Another important point is that it is necessary to use port 554 for RTSP and not a custom port. This protocol is quite sensitive to network disruptions and you must therefore declare it correctly, which is why any other port will be denied.
List of cameras supported:
- Axis: M10X, M11X, M30X, M31X, M7001, P13X, P33X, P55X, Q1755, Q60X
- Sony: snc-ch110, dh110, ch210, dh210, ch120, dh120, ch140, dh140, ch160, dh160, ch180, dh180, ch220, dh220, ch240, dh240, ch260, dh260, ch280, dh280, rh124, rh164
- Panasonic: information not currently available
It correlates with the feed cuts if you establish one (or several in a row, by managing the overlap), since this timer indicates the end of the scheduled outage.
Note: it takes 2 minutes for a scheduled outage to be reflected in the countdown.
Infomaniak Network SA is a neutral, independent company, and we fully control the design and management of our datacenters.
Swiss law regarding data protection ensures total confidentiality for individuals, and no government can have access to personal information without the approval of a judge.
Infomaniak employees are subject to professional secrecy and maintain the strictest confidentiality over the information communicated (see also Article 7 of our General Terms of Service).
This guide will help you familiarize yourself with the main products we offer.
Infomaniak offers the lowest rates for .ch, .fr, .be, and .swiss domain names.
- Register a domain name (with 1 free email address, 1 Web page and 100 credits to send newsletters)
- Domain Privacy: the solution to protect the Whois data of your domains
- Renewal Warranty: the guarantee you will never lose your domains
Web and Email Service
Infomaniak has been ranked as the French-speaking web host that offers the best performance. Find out more
Web + Email Service (popular)
- to create your sites with your email addresses
- 100 GB of space (expandable)
- 5 email addresses (expandable)
- optimized for WordPress and over 100 CMS
- 80 Elegant Themes plugins and themes included
- enables you to manage multiple websites (20 sites included)
- to create your professional email addresses
- 5 email addresses (expandable)
- unlimited attachment size
- spam and virus protection
- webmail with synching of contacts and calendars
- to create your sites with dedicated resources and technology
- as easily managed as classic Web hosting
- optimized for WordPress and over 100 CMS
- Elegant Themes plugins and themes included
- can be used to manage multiple hostings and websites (5 hostings and 20 sites included)
- customized and scalable configuration
- to freely manage your server with Windows or Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, openSUSE, etc.)
- dedicated resources not shared with other clients
- customizable and scalable configuration
Jelastic Cloud (an easy alternative to AWS and Google Cloud Platform)
- enables you to create made-to-measure environments (PHP, Node.js, Java, Docker, Kubernetes, Ruby, etc.)
- horizontal and vertical resource resizing on the fly
- ideal to deploy site and app clusters (WordPress, Magento, etc.)
- payment according to consumption
- flexible storage space (from 4 to over 40 TB)
- Internet connection faster than 60 Gbps
- unlimited traffic
- for organizations that must guarantee the availability of their sites/applications
- uptime guaranteed up to 100% by SLA
- load balancing with clusters of Web servers and databases
- based on a minimum of 5 servers distributed in several Infomaniak datacenters
- to encrypt the traffic on your sites and protect your visitors
- free Let's Encrypt SSL certificates with automatic renewal
- Sectigo professional EV and DV certificates
- very reasonable rates
- activation in just 1 click
Video and audio hosting
Over 1000 Swiss and European radio and television stations already use our services.
- to sync your data and collaborate via all your devices
- data replication in three different physical locations
- online office suite compatible with Word, Excel and PowerPoint files
- migration in 1 click from Dropbox, Google Drive and One Drive
- to send newsletters to an unlimited number of contacts
- no subscription and no commitment
- very competitive, sliding rates
- advanced statistics
- to manage your email, contacts and addresses on line
- collaborative Swiss webmail
- contact and calendar synching
- included free of charge with all email addresses managed by Infomaniak
- to install your servers, NAS, etc. in our Tier 3+ datacenters
- located in Geneva, Switzerland
- certified renewable energy
- flexible and transparent
- ISO 14001, ISO 50001, ISO 27001
- enables you to back up your workstations (Windows, macOS), servers (Linux, Synology NAS) and mobile devices (iOS, Android)
- replication of backups in three different physical locations
- automatic data encryption for greater security
- enables you to create and manage invitations to professional events (company outings, inaugurations, previews, meals, etc.)
- management of groups of guests
- relance automatique des invités
- mobile application to check guests
If you wish to avoid finding your TV or video stream on other websites that you do not own, you can restrict the broadcast to your own website and prohibit any integration elsewhere.
Important: this protection does not prevent the integration of a stream via an HTML iframe tag. We recommend you protect it with a unique hash code for a better level of security.
Restriction by domain
- Open the Manager (manager.infomaniak.com)
- Go to Video streaming
- Go to the Settings of the stream concerned
- Go to Restrictions and then to the Restriction by domain tab
- Add the restriction by domain with your own internet site as well as the sites authorized to download the stream
Restriction by token (recommended)
Please follow this guide.