1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Thank you for letting us manage your storage server.
This guide will enable you to quickly use the basic functions of your new product. If you have any problems, please consult our knowledge base or Synology's knowledge base directly: https://www.synology.com/fr-fr/knowledgebase
You have ordered a Synology NAS and you want...
- To access the Synology management interface
- To configure the firewall and enhance your Synology's security
- To connect your Synology to a VPN
- To configure your Synology to save your Mac with Time Machine
Our support team will only reply to questions about the hardware part of the Synology storage servers. If you have any questions regarding the use of DSM (the operating system of the Synology NAS), we would invite you to contact Synology directly : https://www.synology.com/fr-fr/support
Ideal for individuals, SMEs, and large companies, you can:
- Perform automated backups of the files on your various computers
- Share these files internally (LAN) and externally (Internet)
- Manage access rights to your files
- Set up a video surveillance system using IP cameras
- Administer the NAS using DiskStation Manager from a web browser
The offer is available with a minimum of two hard drives, the maximum depending on the NAS selected.
We strongly recommend that you configure your hard drives in Raid in the initial setup phase.
In the event of a problem please consult our knowledge base and the Synology knowledge base directly:
Thank you for entrusting us with the management of your services. We sincerely hope you have enjoyed using our products.
Feel free to share your personal experience with Infomaniak. We like to get feedback from our satisfied and less satisfied customers, because it allows us to improve the quality of our services and to offer solutions tailored to the needs of our customers.
Choose the product to cancel from this list:
- cancelling a domain name
- cancelling a web hosting
- cancelling an Email Hosting
- cancelling an audio streaming
- cancelling a video streaming
- cancelling VOD / AOD
- cancelling a Cloud Server (managed or unmanaged)
- cancelling a Synology server
- cancelling the Newsletter
This guide explains how to provide useful details when you are completing a support request in order to get help.
Making a screen grab
Microsoft offers a preinstalled software dedicated to screen grabs. But to do them manually:
- Display what you want/need to send on the screen
- Press PRINTSCREEN on your keyboard (or PRTSCR, etc.) once
- In Microsoft Word (or similar), go to "Edit" -> "Paste" to put your image on the page
- "Save" your file
- Start the operation again from point 1 to point 5 as many times as the number of screen grabs you need
Mac OS X
- Press "cmd" + "caps/shift" (the empty arrow pointing upwards) +"3" at the same time
- Each time you press these keys, an image file is created on your computer's desktop
Apple iOS (iPhone, iPad...)
- Press the "Power" + "Home" buttons at the same time (the only two physical buttons)
- You will then find the screengrabs in your device's "Photos" app
Google Android (e.g. Samsung, LG or Sony)
- Press the volume down (on the side) and the locking button at the same time
- The image captured is then automatically saved in a Screenshots folder in the
gallery. To copy-paste an error message present in a Windows popup in text form, simply hit "CTRL" + "C" on your keyboard to copy the message onto the clipboard... You can then paste it ("CTRL" + "V") in the body of the email you are sending.
browser Chrome, Firefox and Safari: enter the combination ctrl + caps + I
Internet Explorer and Edge: hit F12
Mac OS X
Chrome: enter the combination ⌘ + ⌥ + J
Safari: enter ⌘ + ⌥ + C
Then click on the round crossed out icon to set the log back to zero.
Infomaniak Network SA is a neutral, independent company, and we fully control the design and management of our datacenters.
Swiss law regarding data protection ensures total confidentiality for individuals, and no government can have access to personal information without the approval of a judge.
Infomaniak employees are subject to professional secrecy and maintain the strictest confidentiality over the information communicated (see also Article 7 of our General Terms of Service).
An MX record cannot be declared directly in the form of an IP address such as 178.123.456.7
Customised MX record
- open the Manager (manager.infomaniak.com)
- Go to Domain name
- click on the domain name concerned
- click on Manage DNS Zones
- add an "A Record" like "mx.your-domain.here"
- Point this to the required IP address (target)
You may then register this record (mx.your-domain.here) in your MX configuration on the NAS device.
This guide provides general information on how to enhance the security of a Synology server. For your information, our support team only answers questions concerning the hardware part of Synology storage servers.
It is necessary to secure your Synology
Synology NAS are very popular and therefore suffer many hacking attempts. It is therefore important to set up your Synology correctly and protect it with a strong password. If not, it could be vulnerable to automatic scans which look for and detect all connected Synology servers throughout the world with vulnerabilities that are easy to exploit.
Some best practices to be applied to enhance the security of your Synology server:
- Systematically update the operating system of the Synology server (DSM)
- Open the Security Advisor application and do a scan to detect security problems. Implement all the proposed recommendations
- Change the default port, which is set to 5000 (e.g., 26753 or 38000)
- Enable and configure the firewall
- Disable the services and modules that are not used and not necessary for your purposes
- As far as possible, do not use MyDS
- Implement these recommendations: https://www.synology.com/fr-fr/knowledgebase/tutorials/615
Find out more: https://news.infomaniak.com/securiser-acces-synology/
This guide explains how to link a domain name to the Synology you are hiring from Infomaniak.
Linking a domain
- open the admin console (https://login.infomaniak.com)
- go to Synology
- under Linked domains, click on Link a domain name
- enter a domain name
- repeat the steps if necessary for your other domains
This guide explains how to change the billing frequency of our products.
To change the frequency of your invoices:
- Open the Manager (https://manager.infomaniak.com)
- Near the top of the page, click on Product Management
- Click on the relevant product type (e.g.: hosting, cloud server, etc.)
- Click on the product concerned
- Hit the Change offer button
- Select your preferred billing frequency (only possible above a certain amount)
- Confirm the change
If you are switching from annual billing to monthly or from quarterly to monthly, just change the billing frequency in the month before the end of the current period. For example, if you paid or renewed your Cloud hosting for 1 year on January1, 2018, do not change the billing frequency before December1, 2018. If necessary, you will be charged again for any remaining months of 2018 and you will need to contact our customer service in order to get a refund.