1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
This guide allows you to quickly use the essential features of your new product. In case of problems, please consult Synology's knowledgebase directly: https://www.synology.com/en-global/support
You have ordered a Synology NAS and would like to ...
- Access the Synology management interface
- nConfigure the firewall and increase the security of your Synology
- nCreate a VPN in Switzerland with a Synology NAS
- Configure your Synology to save your Mac with Time Machine
or reset a Synology, etc.: https://www.infomaniak.com/en/support/faq/admin2/synology
This guide explains how to provide useful details when you request help from Infomaniak support.
Authorizing Support to access your content
It is possible to temporarily grant access to the content of your WorkSpace and your Drive with the possibility of cancelling this access at any time.
Only those Infomaniak staff members who handle your support ticket will have access.
- Open the Manager (manager.infomaniak.com) or your WorkSpace (workspace.infomaniak.com)
- Click your user name at the top right of the page
- Click My profile in the menu that appears
- Click Technical support (or https://manager.infomaniak.com/support) in the left side menu
- Click the access authorization button for the product concerned (authorizing one does not authorize another - these authorizations are specific).
Making a screen grab
Microsoft offers preinstalled software dedicated to screen grabs. But to do them manually:
- Display what you want/need to send on the screen
- Press PRINTSCREEN on your keyboard (or PRTSCR, etc.) once
- In Microsoft Word (or similar), go to "Edit" -> "Paste" to put your image on the page
- "Save" your file
- Repeat the operation from point 1 to point 5 as many times as the number of screen grabs you need
Mac OS X
- Simultaneously press "cmd" + "caps/shift" (the empty arrow pointing upwards) +"3"
- Each time you press these keys, an image file is created on your computer's desktop
Apple iOS (iPhone, iPad...)
- Press the "Power" + "Home" buttons at the same time (the only two physical buttons)
- You will then find the screengrabs in your device's "Photos" app
Google Android (e.g. Samsung, LG or Sony)
- Simultaneously press the volume down (on the side) and the locking button
- The image captured is then automatically saved in a Screenshots folder in the gallery
To copy-paste an error message present in a Windows popup in text form, simply hit "CTRL" + "C" on your keyboard to copy the message onto the clipboard... You can then paste it ("CTRL" + "V") in the body of the email you send to us.
Chrome, Firefox and Safari: enter the combination ctrl + caps + i
Internet Explorer and Edge: hit F12
Mac OS X
Chrome: enter the combination ⌘ + ⌥ + J
Safari: enter ⌘ + ⌥ + C
Then click on the round struck-through icon to set the log back to zero.
Infomaniak Network SA is a neutral, independent company, and we fully control the design and management of our datacenters.
Swiss law regarding data protection ensures total confidentiality for individuals, and no government can have access to personal information without the approval of a judge.
Infomaniak employees are subject to professional secrecy and maintain the strictest confidentiality over the information communicated (see also Article 7 of our General Terms of Service).
This guide will help you familiarize yourself with the main products we offer.
Infomaniak offers the lowest rates for .ch, .fr, .be, and .swiss domain names.
- Register a domain name (with 1 free email address, 1 Web page and 100 credits to send newsletters)
- Domain Privacy: the solution to protect the Whois data of your domains
- Renewal Warranty: the guarantee you will never lose your domains
Web and Mail hosting
Infomaniak has been ranked as the French-speaking web host that offers the best performance. Find out more
Web + Mail hosting (popular)
- to create your sites with your email addresses
- 100 GB of space (expandable)
- 25 email addresses (expandable)
- optimized for WordPress and over 100 CMS
- 80 Elegant Themes plugins and themes included
- enables you to manage multiple websites (20 sites included)
- to create your professional email addresses
- 5 email addresses (expandable)
- unlimited attachment size
- spam and virus protection
- webmail with synching of contacts and calendars
- to create your sites with dedicated resources and technology
- as easily managed as classic Web hosting
- optimized for WordPress and over 100 CMS
- Elegant Themes plugins and themes included
- can be used to manage multiple hostings and websites (5 hostings and 20 sites included)
- customized and scalable configuration
- to freely manage your server with Windows or Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, openSUSE, etc.)
- dedicated resources not shared with other clients
- customizable and scalable configuration
Jelastic Cloud (an easy alternative to AWS and Google Cloud Platform)
- enables you to create made-to-measure environments (PHP, Node.js, Java, Docker, Kubernetes, Ruby, etc.)
- horizontal and vertical resource resizing on the fly
- ideal to deploy site and app clusters (WordPress, Magento, etc.)
- payment according to consumption
- flexible storage space (from 4 to over 40 TB)
- Internet connection faster than 60 Gbps
- unlimited traffic
- for organizations that must guarantee the availability of their sites/applications
- uptime guaranteed up to 100% by SLA
- load balancing with clusters of Web servers and databases
- based on a minimum of 5 servers distributed in several Infomaniak datacenters
- to encrypt the traffic on your sites and protect your visitors
- free Let's Encrypt SSL certificates with automatic renewal
- Sectigo professional EV and DV certificates
- very reasonable rates
- activation in just 1 click
Video and audio hosting
Over 1000 Swiss and European radio and television stations already use our services.
- to sync your data and collaborate via all your devices
- data replication in three different physical locations
- online office suite compatible with Word, Excel and PowerPoint files
- migration in 1 click from Dropbox, Google Drive and One Drive
- to send newsletters to an unlimited number of contacts
- no subscription and no commitment
- very competitive, sliding rates
- advanced statistics
- to manage your email, contacts and addresses on line
- collaborative Swiss webmail
- contact and calendar synching
- included free of charge with all email addresses managed by Infomaniak
- to install your servers, NAS, etc. in our Tier 3+ datacenters
- located in Geneva, Switzerland
- certified renewable energy
- flexible and transparent
- ISO 14001, ISO 50001, ISO 27001
- enables you to back up your workstations (Windows, macOS), servers (Linux, Synology NAS) and mobile devices (iOS, Android)
- replication of backups in three different physical locations
- automatic data encryption for greater security
- enables you to create and manage invitations to professional events (company outings, inaugurations, previews, meals, etc.)
- management of groups of guests
- relance automatique des invités
- mobile application to check guests
An MX record cannot be declared directly in the form of an IP address such as 178.123.456.7
Customised MX record
- open the Manager (manager.infomaniak.com)
- go to Domain
- click on the domain name concerned
- click onManage DNSthen on Zone DNS
- Add an entryin the window that appears, select MX as thetype of record
- complete the MX record desired (e.g. like "mx.your-domain.here")
- to point the record to the desired IP address (target) You may then use this record (mx.your-domain.here) in your MX configuration on your NAS device.
This guide provides general information on how to enhance the security of a Synology server. For your information, our support team only answers questions concerning the hardware part of Synology storage servers.
It is necessary to secure your Synology
Synology NAS are very popular and therefore suffer many hacking attempts. It is therefore important to set up your Synology correctly and protect it with a strong password. If not, it could be vulnerable to automatic scans which look for and detect all connected Synology servers throughout the world with vulnerabilities that are easy to exploit.
Some best practices to be applied to enhance the security of your Synology server:
- Systematically update the operating system of the Synology server (DSM)
- Open the Security Advisor application and do a scan to detect security problems. Implement all the proposed recommendations
- Change the default port, which is set to 5000 (e.g., 26753 or 38000)
- Enable and configure the firewall
- Disable the services and modules that are not used and not necessary for your purposes
- As far as possible, do not use MyDS
- Implement these recommendations: https://www.synology.com/fr-fr/knowledgebase/tutorials/615
Find out more: https://news.infomaniak.com/securiser-acces-synology/
This guide explains how to link a domain name to the Synology you are hiring from Infomaniak.
Linking a domain
- open the admin console (https://login.infomaniak.com)
- go to Synology
- under Linked domains, click on Link a domain name
- enter a domain name
- repeat the steps if necessary for your other domains
This guide explains how to change the billing frequency for our products.
To change the frequency of your invoices:
- Open the Manager (https://manager.infomaniak.com)
- Click on the relevant product type (e.g., hosting, cloud server, etc.)
- Click on the name of the product concerned
- click on Manage
- click on Change my plan
- Select your preferred billing frequency (only possible above a certain amount)
- Confirm the change
If you are switching from annual billing to monthly or from quarterly to monthly, only change the billing frequency during the month before the end of the current period. For example, if you paid or renewed your Cloud hosting for 1 year on 1 January 2019, do not change the billing frequency before 1 December 2019, otherwise you will be charged again for any remaining months in 2019 and you will need to contact our customer service in order to get a refund.
What product does your suggestion concern?
- Housing & Datacenter: French
- Web Hosting: French
- Newsletter tool: French / English
- Cloud Servers: French
- Mail Hosting & WorkSpace: French
- Domain names: French
- SSL Certificates: French / English
- Jelastic Cloud: French/ English
- Audio streaming: French
- Video streaming: French
- VOD/AOD: French
- Synology NAS: French
- Swiss Backup: French
- Guest management: French
This guide explains how to back up a Synology NAS with Hyper Backup and Swiss Backup, the Swiss backup solution of Infomaniak. To back up your Synology with Cloud Sync and OpenStack Swift. Please follow this guide: https://faq.infomaniak.com/2277.
1. Creation of the backup space
It is first necessary to create a backup space before you are able to configure your NAS backup.
2. Configuration of Hyper Backup with Swiss Backup
- Log in to the administration interface of your Synology NAS (DSM).
- If necessary, install the Hyper Backup app from the Packets centre.
- Open the Hyper Backup app.
- If necessary, click the + to add a new Cloud provider.
- Cloud providers: choose OpenStack Swift in the supplier list.
- Settings for the backup destination::
- Choose the 3.0 version for the version of the identity service.
- Fill in the other fields with the information received by email when creating the backup space (identity service terminal, user name, password, tenant/project and domain).
- For the Tenant/Project and Domain fields, choose name instead of the ID via the selection field.
- Choose the default location (allow the choice proposed by default).
- Choose the container name (this is the domain name specified in the email received).
- Choose the volumes and applications to back up:
- Define the frequency of the backup:
Important: If you enable encryption, carefully store the encryption key! Otherwise, you will not be able to use your backup as needed.
- Backup rotation enables you to avoid overloading your backup space by limiting the maximum number of backups to keep: