1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Before configuring an email address, it must exist in the admin console.
- Guide for creating a new email address
Reading and sending your emails with WorkSpace
WorkSpace is the simplest solution for:
- reading and sending your emails from your internet browser (Chrome, Firefox, etc.)
- synchronising your contacts and calendars with a smartphone, tablet or email device
"Step-by-step" configuration guides
- Apple Mail Mac OS 10.13 (High Sierra) / 10.12 (Sierra) / 10.11 (El Capitan) / 10.10 (Yosemite) / 10.9 / 10.8 / 10.7 / 10.6
- Outlook 2016 / 2011
- Mozilla Thunderbird
(Samsung, Sony, Xiaomi, etc.)
- Android 8 Oreo
- Android 7 Nougat
- Android 6 Marshmallow
- Android 5 Lollipop
- Android 4 KitKat
- Blue Mail
- K-9 Mail
(iPhone / iPad / iPod)
Technical information for advanced users
Whatever email software or smartphone you use, the settings are always identical for configuring an email address:
- incoming server name IMAP (recommended) or POP = mail.infomaniak.com
- incoming port if IMAP: 993 with SSL if POP: 995 with SSL
- outgoing server name SMTP = mail.infomaniak.com
- SMTP port: 587 with STARTTLS
- user name = full email address
- password = the one you assigned to the email address in question (click here to verify your password)
- authentication = compulsory for sending emails. Enabled in the SMTP settings of your client mail. You must select "use the same settings as the incoming server" or depending on the software, re-enter a user name (= full email address) and its password
To find out more about the difference between IMAP and POP: https://faq.infomaniak.com/787
Study the different possible reasons for a configuration failure: https://faq.infomaniak.com/2218
This step-by-step guide explains:
- how to transfer a domain name to Infomaniak,
- how to move a website to Infomaniak without interruption,
- how to back up your old emails to manage them with Infomaniak.
If you need help to transfer your site to Infomaniak, don't hesitate to call on our partners.
1. Why use Infomaniak for your domain names, websites and email?
- Expertise: Infomaniak has been hosting websites for over 20 years. We are a recognized player around the whole world in terms of hosting and online solutions. Infomaniak is the No. 1 hosting service provider in Switzerland in terms of revenue, and No. 2 in terms of the number of sites hosted.
- Security: all our clients' data is hosted on servers located in Switzerland belonging to Infomaniak. Our solutions are systematically developed and maintained by our engineers in our offices in Geneva, Switzerland.
- Support: with more than 1,000 articles and videos, our knowledge base allows our customers to immediately answer the vast majority of their own questions, and our customer service is open from Monday to Saturday. We help our customers get the full potential from our products by telephone and email.
- Responsible: Infomaniak is 100% committed to sustainable, responsible development through concrete actions, such as adopting the ISO 14001 standard, or creating the greenest datacentre in Switzerland. We offset 100% of the CO2 emissions that we generate through our activities and 100% of the energy we use is from renewable sources.
- Passionate: we love what we do and are pleased to offer high-end solutions at affordable prices. We are continually improving and enriching our services, based on market trends and customer needs.
By consolidating your domain names, websites, and emails with Infomaniak, you can simplify the management of your bills and your services. For example, linking a domain name with your website and your email address will be automatic. That way, you won't need to manually configure your DNS with another registrar (registration office).
2. Transferring a domain name to Infomaniak
The domain name is the address you enter in a browser to view a site, such as infomaniak.com
It's possible to transfer a domain name from one registrar to another.
These are the steps to follow to transfer a domain name to Infomaniak:
- log in with the registrar that currently manages your domain name
- get the transfer code from your current registrar for the domain name to be transferred (help)
- order the domain name to be transferred to Infomaniak
- During the transfer, be sure to keep the current DNS for the domain name
- enter the transfer code when prompted
3. Moving a website to Infomaniak
All the sites you visit are stored (hosted) with companies usually referred to as web hosts. If you already have a website, it's possible to trust Infomaniak with the management of its hosting without interrupting the operation of your current site and without inconveniencing your loyal visitors :)
Here are the steps to take in order to move your current site to Infomaniak:
- using an FTP program, back up all the files on your site with your current web host
- back up your MySQL databases if you use any
- order the Infomaniak hosting of your choice with the current domain name of your website
- from our Manager, create an FTP account (help)
- using an FTP program, send your website files that you saved in step 1 in your hosting's Web folder (you can also use our FTP Manager(help) to upload a .zip of your data and unzip everything from the tool)
- from our admin console, create a new MySQL database with a user who has full rights to the database (help)
- from our Manager, import the backup of your database to the database that has just been created (help)
- in the configuration file of your web app (WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, etc.), adapt the following information based on the parameters shown in our Manager (help):
- the database name
- the database server
- the database username
- the database user's password
- test your website using the preview address (help)
- don't forget to follow chapter 5 of this guide to redirect your domain name to your new hosting!
Warning: the procedure described is only valid if the domain name does not change. If this is not the case, you should make the necessary adjustments to your MySQL databases if you use any. Steps 2, 6, 7, and 8 are not necessary if your site does not use a database.
4. Moving the management of your emails to Infomaniak
By outsourcing the management of your mails to Infomaniak, you can have a WorkSpace account.
WorkSpace is a comprehensive online solution for viewing and managing your emails, contacts, calendars, tasks and bookmarks online. It also lets you sync your contacts and calendars with a smartphone, tablet or email software.
Here are the steps to take in order to manage your emails with Infomaniak:
- if necessary, order a Mail hosting (help)
- from our Manager, create the required mail addresses (help)
- configure your WorkSpace account (help) or your email software with your new addresses (help)
- use our synchronisation tools (syncimap/imapsync) to automatically copy and rehouse the content of the old email address to the new address, box by box or in batches (help)
- import contacts to the address book (help) and import a calendar to the WorkSpace calendar (help) configure the synchronisation of contacts and calendars with your smartphone/tablet (help)
5. Activate your new hosting
Now, you just need to point your domain name to the Infomaniak hosting:
- open the Manager (manager.infomaniak.com)
- go to Domain name
- click on the domain name in question
- in the left side menu, click on theManaging DNS
- click on DNS Servers
- click on Change DNS servers
- tick the Infomaniak DNS servers box and click on Confirm
6. Wait up to 48 hours and then cancel your old services
Updating the DNS for your domain name can take up to 48 hours. It is therefore possible that your domain will still point to your old web host for 48 hours.
Once that time has elapsed, don't forget to terminate your services (email, website hosting, etc.) with your old hosting service provider.
Congratulations :) Your site and your emails are now hosted with Infomaniak.
Thank you for your trust.
You can sync contacts and calendars from your WorkSpace with a smartphone, tablet or email program. For example, this lets you manage your contacts and calendars together in one place on your smartphone and tablet.
To configure the synchronisation of contacts and calendars with a program or mobile device, do the following:
- Open the configuration wizard https://workspace.infomaniak.com/
- Follow the wizard depending on the program or device to be synchronised
- At the end of the procedure, guides are available for commonly used programs and devices.
You will need a WorkSpace account or a client account to access the configuration wizard. If you have forgotten your login:https://login.infomaniak.com/forgot
Here are the currently supported protocols for synchronisation:
To learn more:
- actions to perform for the synchronisation of contacts and calendars when two-factor authentication is activated
This guide explains how to change the password of an email account hosted by Infomaniak from the WorkSpace.
To follow this guide, you must have:
- a valid login for Workspace
- permission to change the password for the address (if you were invited to WorkSpace in order to manage your address, the manager may have withdrawn this right during the invitation)
To change an email account password
- open the Infomaniak WorkSpace: https://workspace.infomaniak.com/
- in the menu under your user name in the top-right corner, select Email settings
- under the heading My email addresses, click on the button to the right of the email address for which you wish to change the password
- select Manage
- in the Generaltab, on the Passwordline click on Modify
- follow the displayed instructions
Note that you can also apply a new password to the email address directly from the dashboard of the Mail hosting itself (click here and contact the product administrator for that).
The FTP File Manager, our control panel for VOD and streaming products, as well as our Webmail system, may not work with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 and below, or with screens with a lower resolution than 1024x768.
Occasionally, even if you have the latest version of a given browser, it may be set up to run in compatbility mode, i.e. it presents itself as an earlier version to sites visited (which may resolve certain display issues, for example). You should therefore check within your browser that you have not enabled such a mode: Internet Explorer 9 (IE9), Internet Explorer 10 (IE10)
There is no longer any reason not to move to a recent version of a browser such as Mozilla Firefox. That way, you can be sure that any security flaws are regularly patched and that you can view sites with any of the latest technologies that they may contain. Therefore, we do not offer support for issue encountered with the aforementioned browsers and resolutions.
To access the old Webmail system, please go to https://webmail1.infomaniak.ch
Pros: e-mails remain on the server and may therefore be accessed from any machine connected to the Internet, e.g. via Webmail. Handy if you are permanently connected and wish to access all of your messages from several places at once (from home, while on the move or away on a trip, etc) or where several users share one department e-mail address from different workstations. You will always have the same view of messages on the server, with each user seeing the same messages: if a message is deleted by one user, other users will no longer see the message. If it is moved to a folder on the server, all users will see the message in that folder.
Cons:: in principle, you need to be connected to the Internet to read your messages (but some e-mail clients on some mobile devices will allow you to view the inbox even without a 3G/4G or wi-fi connection).
Pros: e-mails are removed from the server and downloaded to the computer. They may therefore be read off-line. Handy if your connection is costly or not permanent.
Cons: e-mails no longer appear in Webmail. There cannot be several people accessing the same mailbox, since as messages are deleted each time the mailbox is checked, messages will appear to be missing or disappear. Moreover, if you "keep a copy of messages on the server" (one of the options in your e-mail client), as the number of duplicate e-mails stored grows, the greater the risk that you will experience problems. More information
Since IMAP is not compatible with POP3, you should not attempt to log into Webmail while an e-mail client configured to use POP3 is open.
To switch an e-mail address from one protocol to the other, you must re-create an identical account in your e-mail client then copy the messages over. More information
This guide explains how to share one or more agendas or calendars with WorkSpace users.
Sharing an agenda/calendar
- Login to the WorkSpace (https://workspace.infomaniak.com)
- click on the grey envelopes icon in the top right
- select Agenda
- place the mouse over the agenda to be shared and click on the arrow that appears to the right
- on the menu that pops up, click on Sharing options
- Enter the email address for the WorkSpace account for the user who will access the agenda. If the user does not yet have a WorkSpace account, they can create one free of charge.
- Determine the user rights over this address book (Administration, Read only, Read and write access)
- Close the window
This guide explains how to configure an email address hosted by Infomaniak with the Microsoft Outlook 2013 email software.
To configure an email account:
- open Microsoft Outlook 2013
- open the File tab in the Office band and click on Add an account
- at the bottom of the window which appears, tick the box Manual configuration or additional server types and click on Next>
- tick the POP or IMAP box and click on Next >
- enter your name (e.g.: John Smith), your email address (e.g.: email@example.com), the incoming mail server (mail.infomaniak.com), the outgoing mail server (mail.infomaniak.com), the user name (your full email address) and your email address password. Under account type, choose IMAP. Then click on Additional settings...
- open the tab Outgoing server and tick the box My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.f
- open the Advanced options tab. For the incoming server (IMAP), choose the connection type SSL and check that the incoming server is configured on 993. For the outgoing server, choose the TLS login type and enter port 587. Then click on OK
- click on Next
- fif the instructions have been followed correctly, the settings test should run correctly
- click on Finish
Find out more / References
General help Infomaniak: https://faq.infomaniak.com/1075
Official Microsoft Outlook help: external site
While they are present in your Webmail it is possible that some folders don't appear in your IMAP configured email software.
In your email software, right-click on the IMAP account and find the "IMAP folders" -> "register" or "subscriptions" designation.
and for Thunderbird and other software, a search will give you some tips as a response.
Thank you for letting us host your emails.
Important: if your domain name is not managed by Infomaniak or your Infomaniak Email hosting is not managed in the same client account as your domain name, followthis guideto configure the DNS or the Records to link the domain name to your Email hosting.
You ordered Email hosting and you wish to...
- Create and manage your email addresses
- Access the Workspace read and manage your emails, contacts, schedules, tasks and online favourites
- Configure an email address in email software
- Synchronize your contacts, schedules and tasks with software, a smartphone or a tablet
- Add an alias domain to an existing email address