1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Previewing a new site without the preview URL
In case the DNS of the domain name do not point to our servers (so if your domain name points to your old host for example) but you are already publishing data on Infomaniak servers, you can preview this information .
Actions to perform
- Download and install the HostAdmin extension for Mozilla Firefox
- Open the extension
- Click on Editor
- Add the following line to the end of the existing host file: xxx.xx.xxx.x domain.com xxx.xx.xxx.x is the IP address of your server and domain.com is the domain name of your website
- Save the changes
- Grant the necessary permissions by following the instructions in the extension
- Re-register the host file and then refresh the page to check whether the information has been saved
- In your web browser, enter the domain name of the website to preview. This will only work on the computer on which this procedure was followed
This video illustrates this procedure with Mozilla Firefox and Windows 8.1:
<!> When your tests are complete or the DNS of the domain name are up to date, don't forget to erase the line added to the host file by following the same procedure. In some cases, it will not display your website if the IP address of the server is changed or the site is migrated to another hosting.
To display the IP address of your server
- Open the Manager (manager.infomaniak.com)
- Go to Hosting
- Click on the hosting/ domain name in question
- Under Sites, click on the domain name of the site concerned
- The IP address is shown as IPv4