1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Error: sent messages folder not synchronised in Outlook
In Outlook, in order to save sent messages to the IMAP folder (in webmail) you need to create a rule according to the following procedure:
- First click "Tools" then "Rules and alerts"
- In the new window, click "New rule"
- Choose "start a blank rule" then "check messages after transmission"
- Select "use the form, Name of form"
- In the new window "Choose forms", in the dropdown menu, choose "Application forms"
- In the list below, find message, click it then click "add" so that "message" is displayed there, then "Close"
- In the "email manager wizard" window, click "move a copy to the specified folder" then, in the bottom window, click "specified"
- Now choose the IMAP folder "sent" then click OK
- Confirm by clicking "next", as well as in the following window
- Give this rule a name, click "Apply" then "Close"
You can also create a folder that is yours exclusively and apply this rule so that all your messages are copied there.
Another solution, that is available in Outlook 2007, consists of changing the folder where your sent messages are saved:
- Go to the "Tools" menu and then "Account settings...".
- Choose your email account, then click "Change".
- Go to "Additional settings" under the "Folder" tab. In this menu you can choose the folder directly where your sent messages will be saved.
Link to this FAQ: