1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
This guide explains how the credits system for our new email service works.
Managing credits for sending newsletters
Generally, 1 credit = 1 newsletter sent.
There re two types of credits:
- The credits offered wit heach of our Infomaniak products (not reported in the following months in the event of non-use)
- The credits purchased (the shelf life is unlimited)
The credits offered are debited before the credits purchased.
Find out more
To use the Newsletter tool automatically, you must manage the domain name you want to send your newsletters from (as well as its DNS zone) in the new Infomaniak admin console in order to use the Newsletter tool. For example, if you send your newsletters from the address email@example.com, the domain test.com must be managed with Infomaniak.
It is possible to use the Newsletter tool with a domain that is not managed with Infomaniak, you must add specific entries, which we will provide, into your DNS zone.
- If you transfer the domain name you use to send your newsletters to another registrar, you can no longer use the Newsletter tool and your account will be automatically disabled after 45 days.
This guide shows how to export and save contacts from the old newsletter tool in a .csv file
Exporting contacts in a .csv file
To import these contacts to the new newsletter tool: https://faq.infomaniak.com/2165
This guide explains why a newsletter might be blocked from being sent and how to continue sending a blocked newsletter.
Why block a newsletter from being sent?
Please be aware of the following steps:
- A newsletter is blocked from being sent if too many of the recipient email addresses are invalid
- A newsletter may be blocked if the SPAM rate is too high
- After a newsletter has been blocked, you must contact our support team to be able to send the blocked message
In order to avoid this situation:
- use only contact lists you have made up yourself
- make up your contact lists with double opt-in forms (to find out more)
- remove contacts you have not written to for over 6 months. Seldom-used contact lists also risk containing obsolete email addresses
- if needed, automatically clean your subscriber list with services such as neverbounce, bounceless or quickemailverification
Completing the sending of a blocked newsletter
After you have contacted our support team to unblock the sending:
- open the newsletter tool (https://newsletter.infomaniak.com)
- go to Newsletters
- click on the newsletter which has been blocked from being sent
- go to the last step Validation & Sending
- click on Send the newsletter. The newsletter will automatically be sent to the contacts which have not yet received it
This video guide shows how to use the Infomaniak newsletter tool to create and send a newsletter.
Creating and sending a newsletter
This guide shows how to import contacts using a .csv file. This allows you, for example, to recover all contacts from another newsletter tool like MailChimp or the old Infomaniak newsletter tool.
Importing a .csv file
This video guide shows how to create a registration form and integrate it on a WordPress site using a Widget. A registration form allows visitors to a site to subscribe to a newsletter and to be added to one or more contacts lists.
Creating a registration form
- You must have at least one contacts list to create a registration form
- One registration form can update several contacts lists
If you do a test send of your Newsletter (last step before the final send)
then it is normal for the links present in your sent message during the test (top part: "READ THIS EMAIL IN MY BROWSER" = link to see the message in a browser and bottom part: "UNSUBSCRIBE" = link to allow the user to unsubscribe) to not work.
They will of course be functional when you actually send the newsletter.
What product does your suggestion concern?
- Housing & Datacenter: French
- Web Hosting: French
- Newsletter tool: French / English
- Cloud Servers: French
- Mail Hosting & WorkSpace: French
- Domain names: French
- SSL Certificates: French / English
- Jelastic Cloud: French/ English
- Audio streaming: French
- Video streaming: French
- VOD/AOD: French
- Synology NAS: French
- Swiss Backup: French
- Guest management: French