1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
This guide shows how to export and save contacts from the old newsletter tool in a .csv file
Exporting contacts in a .csv file
To import these contacts to the new newsletter tool: https://faq.infomaniak.com/2165
This guide explains why a newsletter might be blocked from being sent and how to continue sending a blocked newsletter.
Why block a newsletter from being sent?
Please be aware of the following steps:
- A newsletter is blocked from being sent if too many of the recipient email addresses are invalid
- A newsletter may be blocked if the SPAM rate is too high
- After a newsletter has been blocked, you must contact our support team to be able to send the blocked message
In order to avoid this situation:
- use only contact lists you have made up yourself
- make up your contact lists with double opt-in forms (to find out more)
- remove contacts you have not written to for over 6 months. Seldom-used contact lists also risk containing obsolete email addresses
- if needed, automatically clean your subscriber list with services such as neverbounce, bounceless or quickemailverification
Completing the sending of a blocked newsletter
After you have contacted our support team to unblock the sending:
- open the newsletter tool (https://newsletter.infomaniak.com)
- go to Newsletters
- click on the newsletter which has been blocked from being sent
- go to the last step Validation & Sending
- click on Send the newsletter. The newsletter will automatically be sent to the contacts which have not yet received it
This video guide shows how to use the Infomaniak newsletter tool to create and send a newsletter.
Creating and sending a newsletter
This guide shows how to import contacts using a .csv file. This allows you, for example, to recover all contacts from another newsletter tool like MailChimp or the old Infomaniak newsletter tool.
Importing a .csv file
This video guide shows how to create a registration form and integrate it on a WordPress site using a Widget. A registration form allows visitors to a site to subscribe to a newsletter and to be added to one or more contacts lists.
Creating a registration form
- You must have at least one contacts list to create a registration form
- One registration form can update several contacts lists
If you do a test send of your Newsletter (last step before the final send)
then it is normal for the links present in your sent message during the test (top part: "READ THIS EMAIL IN MY BROWSER" = link to see the message in a browser and bottom part: "UNSUBSCRIBE" = link to allow the user to unsubscribe) to not work.
They will of course be functional when you actually send the newsletter.
This guide explains how to transfer an Infomaniak product from one client account to another.
Generating the transfer link for the product to be transferred
- Open this page with the login details for the account that contains the product(s) to be transferred (this will only function if you are in the right client account, connected with a user who has sufficient administrative rights)
- Click Transfer products
- Tick the product(s) to be transferred
- Read and accept the Terms and conditions
- Click Transfer
- Copy the transfer link or send it to the email address of your choice
Importing the product into the chosen account
Open the link you have copied or from the email with the login details of the client account
- If necessary, choose the destination account using the drop-down menu
- Read and accept the Terms and conditions
- Click Receive products (if the button is not clickable, make sure you have selected the destination account)
We are dedicated to continuously improving our products and customer service. We take every suggestion that you share with us via our support team, on social media or on the web for improving one of our services to the department concerned, where it is discussed during their next meeting. Your needs shape our priorities and allow us to continue to improve the services that we offer you.
What product does your suggestion concern?
- Domains: French / English / German / Italian / Spanish
- Web hosting: French / English / German / Italian / Spanish
- Email Service and Infomaniak Mail: French/ English / German / Italian / Spanish
- kDrive: French / English / German / Italian / Spanish
- Cloud servers: French / English / German / Italian / Spanish
- Jelastic Cloud: French / English / German / Italian / Spanish
- Newsletter tool: French / English / German / Italian / Spanish
- SSL certificates: French / English / German / Italian / Spanish
- Housing and data center: French / English / Germany / Italian / Spanish
- Audio streaming: French / English / German / Italian / Spanish
- Video streaming: French / English / German / Italian / Spanish
- VOD / AOD: French / English / German / Italian / Spanish
- Synology NAS: French / English / German / Italian / Spanish
- Swiss Backup: French / English / German / Italian / Spanish
- Guest Manager: French / English / German / Italian / Spanish
- Swiss Transfer: French / English / German / Italian / Spanish
- Public Cloud: French / English / German / Italian / Spanish
Our support team is also happy to help, and can be contacted by email, chat or phone if needed.
The optional UTM tags are used to create a link between the links in your Newsletters and the Google Analytics tracking of your site.
In step 1 of the creation of your Newsletter, you will find three fields to indicate utm_parameters keywords:
- Campaign source (utm_source)
- Campaign medium(utm_medium, email for example)
- Campaign name (utm_campaign n= name of your campaign for example)
How to use this feature
- Fill in the 3 UTM fields in step 1 of your Newsletter creation
- Insert a link to your site's URL (the latter must be correctly configured and analysed by Google Analytics) in the body of the newsletter in step 3
- nWhen the reader clicks on it, he/she will land on the URL followed by the terms "?utm_source = ... & utm_medium = ... & utm_campaign = ...with your keywords instead of "...".
If you specify multiple keywords in these fields, any spaces will be replaced by underscores _.
In the future, the user will be able to enter dynamic formulas in these fields, such as the date of the day, for example.
Infomaniak is a Swiss hosting service provider governed by Swiss law. These federal laws and our General terms and conditions for use stipulate that potential recipients must give their prior consent before being added to an email mailing list.
How do you give your consent?
For a newsletter registration to be considered voluntary:
- Users must enter their email address in a dedicated form for a specific topic
- The user must click a link to confirm their registration for the newsletter via an email that is sent to them. This registration must only concern the topic specified at the time of registration.
- The user's newsletter subscription must be saved with their IP address and registration date.
This is called double opt-in registration.
The owner of an email address can flag any email message as spam at any time. Collecting user subscription via double opt-in is thus the only means to protect against complaints for spam.
What to do in case of a complaint for spam
As an email service provider, Infomaniak must show that it cooperates in the fight against spam and ensure that its clients are not blacklisted by the email service providers of any complaining party (Gmail, Bluewin, Orange, etc.).
In case of a complaint for spam, we may therefore temporarily suspend outgoing email and request the sender of the message for proof of the registration of the complaining party; the complaint may become null and void, as the case may be. Find out more: https://faq.infomaniak.com/1821
On the other hand, the complaint will be justified if no proof of registration is provided and we may be obliged to take certain measures: suspension of the email address and domain name, or the termination of the contract in case of a repeat offence.
How to respect the legislation
If you wish to carry out email campaigns, make sure that you have the information described in point 3 above (IP address and date of registration for each subscriber). We recommend you create a list by inserting a contact form on your website that ensures you collect the email addresses of your subscribers via double opt-in. Find out more: https://faq.infomaniak.com/2167
An unsubscribe link must also be visible and appear at the bottom of each of your newsletters.