1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Modify SPF in the DNS zone
SPF (Sender Policy Framework) is a standard for verifying the domain name of the sender of an email and is aimed at reducing SPAM. By managing the DNS zone for your domains with Infomaniak, you have the option of modifying the SPF record.
Access the DNS management of the domain concerned
- Open the Manager (manager.infomaniak.com)
- Go to Domain
- If necessary, click on the domain concerned
- In the left-hand side panel, click on DNS zone
Modify the SPF record
In the TXT fields for the DNS zone of the domain name concerned, you can use one of the following two SPF types:
- Standard SPF (added by default when creating an Email Service): v=spf1 include:spf.infomaniak.ch ?all
- Strict SPF: v=spf1 include:spf.infomaniak.ch -all
In the first case, the recipient server will use its own rules to decide whether it accepts emails not coming from Infomaniak servers.
In the second case, all emails not coming from our servers will be rejected.
Find out more
- Overall security: verification of the SPF / DKIM / DMARC
- Manually edit the DNS zone of a domain managed by Infomaniak
- Include several domains in a TXT SPF record