1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Changing or editing the domain name associated with an Email-only bundle (domain name inversion)
This guide explains how to change the domain name related to your email address.
If the new domain name or DNS zone is managed by Infomaniak, everything is OK. If you wish, you can entrust us with the management of your domain name .
If necessary, read the following carefully:
- The MX record of the domain name must point to Infomaniak ( help )
- To prevent this approach from causing a failure of email traffic, the MX record of the domain name must point to Infomaniak for at least 48 hours
To understand how a domain name works: https://faq.infomaniak.com/2026
Actions to perform
- Open the admin console ( https://login.infomaniak.com )
- Go to Email hosting
- Click on the hosting/ domain name in question
- Domains under alias (at the bottom of the page), hit the Link a domain name button to add the new domain name desired. Check the following boxes:
- Updating DNS entries for this domain
- Replace existing entries
- Convert the domain alias to the primary domain (see the video if necessary)
- Delete the old domain name that has become a domain alias
This video shows how to create a new main domain name and delete the old one: