1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
FTP: accessing the server using FTP software
This guide explains how to manage Web hosting files with an FTP program like Filezilla (multi-platform software available for free at https://sourceforge.net/projects/filezilla/) or Cyberduck.
We recommend managing the files for your Web hosting with our online FTP Manager: https://faq.infomaniak.com/1130
In particular this tool enablesCHOWN and supports ZIP compression/decompression on the file server.
Accessing the FTP server using an FTP program
Regardless of your FTP client, the settings for configuring FTP access are always the same:
- an FTP server name like FTP host (e.g. xyzb.ftp.infomaniak.com)
- the FTP user (e.g. xxxx_user) to be created on your Manager (read more below)
- the FTP user’s password (defined by the creator of the FTP account)
=> You will find all these settings in your Manager:
- open the Manager (manager.infomaniak.com)
- go to Web hosting
- click on the hosting/domain name concerned
- on the left side panel, click on FTP/SSH
If you need help to create and edit your FTP account, please check out this guide: https://faq.infomaniak.com/1982