1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Creating batches of bulk email addresses via CSV import
This guide explains how to create batches of bulk email addresses using a CSV file.
Importing a model .csv file
- Open the Manager (manager.infomaniak.com)
- Go to Mail Hosting
- If necessary, click the hosting/domain name concerned
Under Email addresses, the blue Create button (via the arrow to the right of the button) also enables you to create batches of bulk email addresses using a CSV file.
You must then load the template proposed (.csv file) and fill it in with the new email addresses to be added by following the template requirements. In general, Microsoft Excel, or its OpenOffice equivalent or similar software, enables you to publish a CSV file in a spreadsheet interface.
Completing the .csv file
When you open the .csv document, you will find:
- A first line with the column heading (you can leave it) that tells you what you must enter into the boxes
- Two lines containing an example of addresses (replace these examples)
- The first column must contain the desired email address (only the part before the "at" sign [@])
- The second column must contain the password that will be used for the address on the same line
- The third column must contain the name and/or first name or other information to describe the user
- The fourth and fifth columns are optional (you can leave them completely blank) unless you want the address that is going to be created with us to be redirected elsewhere, in which case:
- fourth column: indicate the recipient address in full.
- fifth column, in the "del_after_redirect" field: 0 in order not to save the emails here or -1 to save a copy after redirection
Make sure you save your document in the same format as the template.
Then import it into the part of Infomaniak Manager you were in when you downloaded the CSV file.
After a short wait, your email addresses will be created according to the instructions in the imported file.