1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Adding an alias (domain) to a Mail hosting
This guide explains how to have multiple names / domain names for an existing Mail hosting.
For example, firstname.lastname@example.org is a long email address. The alias domain email@example.com is shorter and easier to remember. All messages sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (alias domain) will end up in the inbox for the address email@example.com
Linking an additional domain to an existing Mail package
- Open the Manager (manager.infomaniak.com)
- Go to Mail Hosting
- Click the hosting/domain name in question
- In the left side menu, click Linked domains
- Click Add
- Enter the alias domain name. If the alias or its DNS zone is managed by Infomaniak, it is possible to automatically update the DNS entries. If this is not the case, make the necessary changes through your registrar or transfer the management of the domain name to Infomaniak: https://faq.infomaniak.com/1814
- Click Save
- You must own the domain name you wish to link to an email address.
- The MX of the alias domain must point to mta-gw.infomaniak.ch (find out more).
Email addresses for the domain are automatically valid with all linked domains. For example, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com are one and the same address (the info@... address does not need to be recreated for each domain). So, if one of your correspondents writes an email to your firstname.lastname@example.org address, you will receive this email at email@example.com