1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Changing the whois details for a domain name
The Whois details are the contact details linked to a domain name. They provide information about the owner of the domain name, (first and last name, postal address, telephone, email address). the administrator, the technical and billing contacts.
Any modification must be confirmed by the current owner. They automatically receive an email with a validation link valid for two days to approve the change.
Depending on the extension of the domain in question, these operations can incur expenses.
The information in Whois has no link with the contact info of the Infomaniak customer, and will always be used in the event of a dispute on the ownership of the domain.
It is therefore important to keep this information updated, even if you decide to activate Domain Privacy to hide this information.
We call your attention to the fact that a contact file can be linked to several domains. A modification of one file will therefore affect all the domains having the same Whois contact. p>
Changing the Whois information:
- Open the Manager (manager.infomaniak.com)
- Go to Domain
- Click on the domain name concerned
- on the left side panel, click on Whois Information li>
Next, you have several options under Domain Owner strong>:
- Click on the Edit button to edit the postal and telephone contact information immediately
- Click on the Change Owner button to change the other elements, but it is necessary to obtain the approval of both parties before application:
- Select another existing form (this may be the case if you own other domain names)
- or click on the Add button to create a new contact form