1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Add a signature to emails
This guide explains how to create then automatically add a signature to messages sent via kMail, Infomaniak webmail.
Add a signature
You can add several signatures then choose which one to use when wending an email.
The signature will not be present if you use a method of sending mail other than kMail (an email software, for example).
Via Email Service
- Log in to your Infomaniak space (manager.infomaniak.com)
- Go to Email Service
- Click on the Email Service Mail / domain name concerned
- In the Email Service control panel, click on the relevant email address
- Click on the Auto-reply and signatures tab or, from the left-hand side menu on Auto-reply and signatures
- Open kMail (mail.infomaniak.com)
- Click on the icon at the top right
- Select the Email address tab
- Under Actions on my address, click on the Signatures icon
If you do not have access...
- Check that you have a valid access to kMail with which the email address is associated
- Do you have permission to manage this setting? If you were invited to kMail in order to manage your address, the Email Service administrator may have withdrawn this right when sending the invitation (find out more (click here)
Create the signature
- You have two choices:
- Click onAdd to create a new signature
- Click on the icon to the right of an existing signature to modify it
- Create the content of the signature in the box provided for this purpose
- Indicate a name for your identity (it will be displayed beside your email address in the messages received by your correspondents)
- Select the location to insert your signature: before the message (= header) or after the message (= signature)
- Click on Save
Select the signature
The signature is inserted automatically when you begin writing a new message in kMail.
If several signatures exist, you must select the correct identity via the drop-down menu under "From:" when writing your message.
You can quickly return to the signature settings using the button in the tool bar :
or via the drop-down menu under "From:" if you have several signatures.
Define a default signature
By defining a default signature, it will automatically be displayed in the body of the email when writing the message. You will nevertheless have the possibility of changing signature.
- Access the editing of a signature which is not yet the default signature
- Click on the Set as default signature button to enable it
- Click on the Modify signature button to save
Out-of-office message (auto reply)
The signature is not added to auto-reply messages. It is necessary to add one in the out of office message.
Several addresses associated?
A signature is linked to the email address that you use in your Infomaniak Mail (unlike a calendar or address book, which are linked to your Infomaniak Mail account). Therefore, you can set different signatures for the email addresses associated with your Infomaniak Mail account. If you have multiple Infomaniak Mail accounts for the same email address, they will all have the same signature.
Format the signature
You can use an image, edit the HTML code and format your text using a range of tools. To avoid an overly large carriage return, hit SHIFT and ENTER on your keyboard, which is the equivalent of a
< b r >
in HTML, instead of a new paragraph.
Go further with the templates
Please read this FAQ to define the personalised templates that can be applied as soon as a new email address is created on your Email Service, for example, or in bulk on all the addresses of your domain.
Find out more
- kMail / Webmail: getting started guide
- kMail: send emails from a different address
- Filter the emails received