1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Apple Mail (iOS): configuring mail (IMAP)
This guide explains how to connect the Apple Mail application (on iPhone, iPad, iOS smartphones & tablets) to an email address hosted at Infomaniak. Your device will be automatically configured through compatible Apple .mobileconfig configuration profiles.
⚠️ Infomaniak email is compatible with any application that supports IMAP/SMTP, among others. For additional help, contact the support of the software used or a partner — also read the host's role.
- create the address within an Infomaniak Mail Service (or with the free ik.me offer)
- test the password of the email address (without confusing it with the one used to log in to the Infomaniak interface)
- check on the Mail Service that the automatic diagnostic is correct
- link the address to the Infomaniak Mail interface (mail.infomaniak.com)
Add the email address to the application
To configure the mail application:
- open the synchronization assistant from your Apple device
- download the automatic configuration profile to your Apple device
- open it from your Apple device
- click on Allow
- go to Settings > General > VPN and device management > Profile
- click on the Infomaniak autoconfiguration email... profile
- click on Install in the top right of the screen
- enter the password of the email address
- click Next in the top right
- click OK in the top right
- there you go, your email address is now configured in the application
In case of a problem
No need to contact Infomaniak Support if your email address works well outside the application. The most common error involves using an incorrect password. Our troubleshooting guides help you solve any issues:
- follow the solutions given in this guide (click here) about email in general
- delete any Apple configuration profiles related to your Infomaniak email before starting the configuration again
and if your application no longer works since changing the email password, read this guide (click here).