1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Backup Linux with Swiss Backup
This guide gives instructions for backing up a server equipped with the Linux distribution of your choice with Swiss Backup, Infomaniak's Swiss backup solution.
- add a Linux / Windows Server typedevice before you can configure the backup
- install the rclone application via your Linux distribution's package manager
Configure Server Backup with rClone
- download the rclone file received by email after adding the device
- place the file in the ~/.rclone.conf.config/rclone/ directory or place the contents of the file at the end of the existing ~/.rclone.conf.config/rclone/rclone.conf file (on debian stretch, this file can be found at the following location: ~/.rclone.conf )
- run the rclone config command to verify that the configuration has been taken into account
- launch the backup with the command rclone sync /local/path project_name:default
If necessary, you can find the connection information in your Manager.
rClone configuration example
type = swift
user = SBI-AB123456
key = [password]
auth (1) = https://swiss-backup02.infomaniak.com/identity/v3
domain = default
tenant = sb_project_SBI-AB123456
tenant_domain = default
You can modify [sb_project_SBI-AB123456] by the indication of your choice for more convenience.
For example, the indication [swissbackup] will give:
instead of :
Start a backup or a restore
Start a backup with the following command:
rclone sync /local/folder sb_project_SBI-AB123456:remote/folder
Run a restore with the following command:
rclone sync sb_project_SBI-AB123456:remote/folder /local/folder