1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Migrating shared Web hosting to a Cloud Server
This guide explains how to move shared Web hosting to a managed Cloud Server while recovering all of your data.
To migrate a hosting from one Cloud Server to another, please use this guide.
Migrating a hosting from a Cloud Server to a shared hosting is an operation that must be performed manually. Please follow this guide.
A Cloud Server offers several advantages compared to Web hosting:
- flexible resources entirely dedicated to your projects
- 5 hostings
- more libraries available for your developments
- The names of the databases and the database users are saved
- FTP accounts are saved with the same names but the host server is changed for an "xxxx.ftp.infomaniak.com" type address (find out more)
- Sites IPs will change, except for dedicated IP addresses
- The service will be interrupted during the migration process
Step 1: order a managed Cloud Server
- open the Manager (https://manager.infomaniak.com)
- click on Cloud Server (the icon may be found under More Products)
- choose a managed Cloud Server and follow the wizard to complete the order
Step 2: migrate the hosting to the Cloud Server
Once the Cloud Server is operational:
- open the Manager (manager.infomaniak.com)
- go to Web Hosting
- click on the hosting/domain name concerned
- click on the Manage button
- click on the Change offer button
- select the Cloud Server you want to migrate your hosting to
- click on Order
- wait while your hosting is migrated