1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Copy the contents of a Gmail address to Infomaniak: requirements
To copy emails from a Gmail address using our import tool (IMAP Sync), you must first perform the following actions. These details are provided for information purposes only and we do not provide any additional support concerning Gmail.
1. Enable 2-Step Verification (2FA)
It is mandatory to enable 2-step verification.
In your Google account settings (https://myaccount.google.com/), go to the Security tab and enable 2-Step Verification.
Google user guide : https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185839
2. Create an app password
Once the 2FA is enabled, you will see a new menu called App passwords underneath 2-Step Verification, still in the Security tab of your google account settings.
- Click on App passwords
- If asked, enter your gmail account password
- Click on Select app then Mail
- Click on Select device then Other (Custom name)
- Give your app password a name (ex: Infomaniak), it's only descriptive
- Click on Generate
- Copy or note the password displayed (it doesn't contain spaces)
Google user guide : https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833
3. Copy your messages using our wizard
After you have completed these actions, use our wizard to copy the messages and folders from your Gmail address to your new email address: https://import-email.infomaniak.com
Any labels present in Gmail will be converted into folders in the WorkSpace (same principle as when mail pick-up with a client IMAP such as Thunderbird):