1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
My WordPress site: change the web address (URL) / change the domain name
This guide explains how to change the URL of your website via the Wordpress app installed on your Infomaniak web hosting service.
If you created your website using My WordPress site and you wish to change its address (e.g.: your-website.com) to another domain name which already appears in the same customer account, perform the following actions:
- The domain name you wish to use must be added as an alias for the main domain
Change the URL of a website via the Wordpress app
- Connect to your Infomaniak space (manager.infomaniak.com)
- Go to Web hosting
- Click on the hosting / domain name concerned
- In the left-hand side panel, click on My sites then on WordPress and apps
- Click on the Configure button of the WordPress concerned
- Under website URL, select the desired web address in the drop-down menu
- Click on the Save button
Remark: to preview a website installed using the Wordpress app on your Infomaniak web hosting service, simply select the preview URL in the list in the drop-down menu.