1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Unlinking a (domain) alias from a website
This guide explains how to remove a domain alias from a Web hosting.
The primary Web hosting domain name will no longer be linked to any other domain name.
This enables you to later create a specific new Web hosting or site for the domain name which has been unlinked in this way.
Important: Before following this procedure, you must first dissociate the synonym domain name from the primary domain name (find out more) if it was previously associated.
Removing the domain alias
- Open the Manager (manager.infomaniak.com/)
- Go to Web hosting
- If necessary, click the hosting/domain name in question
- Under Sites at the bottom of the page, click the site concerned
- Under Domains at the bottom of the page, click the menu to the right of the domain to unlink and select Unlink
- Confirm the deletion of the alias (with or without deletion of the corresponding entries in the DNS zone)