1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Enable two-step verification
Two-step verification protects your account and your personal details using the password of your choice plus a second method of verifying your identity, such as a code received via your smartphone. If someone with malicious intent managed to decrypt or steal your password, they would still need to have a authentication code, which only the legitimate user can receive on their smartphone.
To use two-step verification:
- You must have a compatible smartphone or mobile device:
iOS (iPhone, iPad, etc.), Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry 10
- You don’t have to be connected to the internet to receive an authentication code on your smartphone
Enabling two-step verification
- Log in to your Infomaniak account (manager.infomaniak.com or mail.infomaniak.com)
- Click on the coloured dot containing your initials top right of the page
- Under your account name and login email address, click on Manage my profile
- From the new page that opens, select Configure to the far right of two-step verification
- Choose the authentication method (we recommend Infomaniak Auth)
- Follow the information displayed on the screen to end the procedure (note the security code carefully)
Steps to follow to synchronize your contacts and calendars
If you are synchronizing your Infomaniak contacts and calendars with a mobile device or messaging software, follow these steps to generate a new password specific to this application:
- Open the following page: https://manager.infomaniak.com/v3/profile/application-password (My profile > Two-step verification > Application password)
- Click on the button Generate password
- Use the specific password to configure the synchronization of the contacts and calendars in your messaging software and/or your mobile device
Note: you can generate several specific passwords (for example one for contacts and one for calendars) or to use the same one to synchronize both services.
- Infomaniak account: forgotten login credentials or password
- Infomaniak account: change all passwords - retrieve an existing access