1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Migrating from Parallels Sitebuilder to WordPress
This is a manual operation (apart from installing WordPress, which can be automised with the WordPress my Site system) and is reserved for people with a minimum level of technical skills.
Steps to follow
- Migrate your site designed with the site builder to the new platform (this requires Sitebuilder to be uninstalled from the old platform beforehand), without conserving data, and without placing your site in production (do not finish the migration). Your current site will still remain fully visible from outside for 1 month. Migration guide: https://faq.infomaniak.com/1983
- Install the WordPress engine on the new site, using WordPress My Site offered by Infomaniak
- Transmit the data from one to the other by copying and pasting, recreate the menus
- Retrieve all the photos from your Sitebuilder albums using your browser by right-clicking on "Register under..." and import them to WordPress
- If you wish, add a WordPress plugin to get a contact form
- Finish and polish the migration by changing the WordPress theme if you want to keep the design of your previous site
Put your site into Production (end of the migration) and admire your new site which will be visible for all your visitors
Link to this FAQ: