1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Newsletter: UTM tags
The optional UTM tags are used to create a link between the links in your Newsletters and the Google Analytics tracking of your site.
In step 1 of the creation of your Newsletter, you will find three fields to indicate utm_parameters keywords:
- Campaign source (utm_source)
- Campaign medium(utm_medium, email for example)
- Campaign name (utm_campaign n= name of your campaign for example)
How to use this feature
- Fill in the 3 UTM fields in step 1 of your Newsletter creation
- Insert a link to your site's URL (the latter must be correctly configured and analysed by Google Analytics) in the body of the newsletter in step 3
- nWhen the reader clicks on it, he/she will land on the URL followed by the terms "?utm_source = ... & utm_medium = ... & utm_campaign = ...with your keywords instead of "...".
If you specify multiple keywords in these fields, any spaces will be replaced by underscores _.
In the future, the user will be able to enter dynamic formulas in these fields, such as the date of the day, for example.