1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
DynDNS: associating a Fritzbox with your domain name
This guide explains how to access a Fritzbox connected to Internet with a dynamic IP address via a domain name.
- Have a Fritz!box connected to the Internet with a dynamic IP address.
- A dynamic DNS must be previously created for the domain in question. Follow this guide if necessary.
Linking a Fritzbox to a domain name
- Open the Fritzbox management interface by enabling the Advanced mode, if necessary
- Go to Internet and then Permit Access
- Click the Dynamic DNS tab
- Choose a custom provider in the drop-down menu and then enter the following information:
- Update URL (as is): https://infomaniak.com/nic/update?system=dyndns&hostname=<domain>&myip=<ipaddr>
- Domain name: the domain configured in the Infomaniak Manager when adding the Dynamic DNS (help)
- User name: the login set in the Infomaniak Manager when adding the Dynamic DNS (help)
- Password: the password set in the Infomaniak Manager when adding the Dynamic DNS (help)
Click Apply to finish.
Find out more
- Creating a dynamic DNS for a domain managed by Infomaniak
- Configuring a dynamic DNS with a Synology NAS
- Manually configuring a dynamic DNS via the API
- Find out more about DynDNS
Link to this FAQ: