1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Backup macOS with Swiss Backup and Acronis
This guide provides instructions for backing up a computer equipped with macOS with Swiss Backup, Infomaniak's Swiss backup solution.
Swiss Backup is a backup solution that automates the backup of your files, workstations, mobiles and servers. Your data is stored in Switzerland in Infomaniak datacenters in at least three different physical locations. You are therefore guaranteed not to lose anything.
- Add a device for macOS before you can set up backup
Configure macOS backup with Acronis
- open Swiss Backup from the Infomaniak Manager from the Infomaniak Manager
- click on the relevant backup space
- click on the device concerned from the dashboard
- log in to the Acronis dashboard using the information under Login Information :
- Acronis Dashboard Access URL
- Email and username
- Password (in case of reset, the latter will be sent to the email of the user configured when creating the location )
- download and install Acronis app for mac OS
- at the end of the installation, click on Register the machine
- in the Internet window that opens, click Confirm registration without changing the registration code
- grant full disk access to Cyber-Protect-Service (see video below if needed)
- customize backup preferences
The following video shows how to give Backup Agent full disk access :
The password required to unlock the padlock is that of your Mac (user account).