1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Upgrading MySQL to MariaDB
This guide explains how to migrate a Web Hosting from MySQL to MariaDB.
MariaDB replaces MySQL!
MariaDB is an enhanced version of MySQL. It comes with many built-in powerful features and numerous improvements in terms of usability, security, and performance.
- MariaDB has a larger connection pool supporting up to 200,000+ connections, while MySQL has a smaller connection pool
- Comparing MariaDB and MySQL performance, replication is faster in MariaDB and slower in MySQL
- MariaDB is Open Source, whereas MySQL uses proprietary code in its Enterprise edition
- Comparing MariaDB and MySQL, MariaDB is faster than MySQL
Using MariaDB as a Replacement for MySQL
Upgrading to MariaDB is irreversible, and all sites on your hosting will subsequently operate with this version of MariaDB. Check the compatibility of your scripts before proceeding.
To migrate a Web Hosting to MariaDB:
- Login to the Infomaniak Manager (manager.infomaniak.com) from a web browser like Brave or Firefox
- Click on the icon in the top right corner of the interface (or navigate through the left sidebar menu, for example)
- Choose Hosting (universe Web & Domain)
- Click on the name of the relevant object in the displayed table
- Click on Databases in the left sidebar menu
- Click on the link Migrate to MariaDB
To migrate a Managed Cloud Server, follow this guide (click here) on migrating to a new generation of Cloud Server.