1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Manage FTP / SSH accounts
This guide explains how to manage the content of a web hosting by accessing the server through the FTP protocol or via the command line (CLI) securely using SSH.
What is the difference between an FTP account and SSH?
When creating an FTP account, you have the choice between two types of accounts:
- An FTP + SSH account gives the user access to all the content of a hosting and allows them to manage it through FTP and SSH
- An FTP account restricts the user's access to a folder and its subfolders; if you manage multiple sites on the same hosting, this allows the distribution of site management among multiple webmasters, for example.
From the Manager, it is also possible to quickly connect without specifying a particular account.
Manage FTP accounts and access
To access Web Hostings to manage the FTP part:
- Log in to the Infomaniak Manager (manager.infomaniak.com) from a web browser like Brave or Firefox
- Click on the icon in the top right corner of the interface (or navigate through the left side menu, for example)
- Choose Hosting (universe Web & Domain)
- Click directly on the name of the object in the displayed table
- Click on FTP / SSH in the left sidebar menu
From this point, you can:
- Click on the Add button to create a new FTP/SSH account
- Click on the account name in the displayed table to change its password (help)
- Delete an account from the action menu ⋮ on the right of the object in the displayed table
Configure an FTP software
Using an FTP software like Filezilla or CyberDuck, manage files truly via FTP without limits (background work possibilities, resumption of transfers after interruption, bandwidth limitation, etc.)
Follow this guide (click here) if you need help configuring an FTP software.