1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Logging in with SSH and using line commands
This guide explains how to log in to a Web hosting or managed Cloud Server using SSH.
Log in using SSH via an internet browser
- open the Manager (manager.infomaniak.com)
- go to Hosting
- click on the hosting/domain name concerned
- in the left side panel, click on FTP / SSH
- click on the Web SSH button
Log in using SSH via the terminal or an application
To log in using SSH, it is necessary to install or enable software for certain operating systems:
- Terminal (application already integrated into Mac OS X and Linux)
- PuTTY (Windows)
- SSH client for Windows 10 (help in French / in English)
Then execute the following command:
- Username being the user name of the FTP account and
- Server being the host server (e.g., xxxx.ftp.infomaniak.com).
To find out which command is available and the path to follow, type in the command "whereis". For example:
$ whereis mysqlmysql: /opt/mysql/bin/mysql
- Changing the PHP version used in SSH: https://www.infomaniak.com/en/support/faq/2108
- Creating a FTP account with SSH access: https://www.infomaniak.com/en/support/faq/1982
- Logging in to a hosting with an SSH key: https://www.infomaniak.com/en/support/faq/2054
- Installing Composer: https://www.infomaniak.com/en/support/faq/2118
- Give settings to PHP in the command line (PHP CLI): https://www.infomaniak.com/en/support/faq/2156