1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Invite a user to use kChat
This guide explains how to add an external user to your kSuite. Once invited, the user can confirm their membership and access kChat with the limited permissions you have granted.
Inviting to Use kSuite
If you are the administrator of the organization where the relevant kSuite (and thus kChat) is located, you can invite an external user to your organization, who will be counted as a "Guest" user. They will be invited to create an Infomaniak account if they do not already have one:
- Open the Manager ( )
- In the left sidebar menu, click on User Management (1) then Users (2) and then Add a User (3)
- Enter the required information and click Continue
- Set the role of the future user to External
- Grant access to kSuite (and thus kChat)
- Do not add the user to a work team
- Specify limited rights
- Do not create an email address for the user
- Specify the email address of the user to invite
- Require them to log in with the previously mentioned address and send the invitation
The invitation is pending until the invited user completes their registration.
Accepting the Invitation
In order to access the organization with the relevant kSuite, the invited user follows the link they received in their browser:
- A first screen informs them about the inviting organization and the email address they will be required to use during user account creation and future logins
- The previously provided information is displayed during the user registration process, and they need to complete this information
- Similarly, for the login information screen
- Once registration is complete, the newly registered user can log in to the Manager and access the kChat they were invited to:
- Existing users are automatically notified of the new participant's arrival and can now communicate with them: