1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Backup a Synology with Swiss Backup and Hyper Backup
To backup your Synology with Cloud Sync and OpenStack Swift , follow this guide instead (click here) .
Creating the backup location
It is first required to create a backup location before you can configure the backup of your NAS.
Configuring Hyper Backup with Swiss Backup
- Log in to the administration interface of your Synology NAS (DSM).
- If necessary, install the Hyper Backup application from the Package Center .
- Open the Hyper Backup app .
- If necessary, click on the + to add a new Cloud provider.
- Cloud providers : choose OpenStack Swift from the list of providers:
- Backup destination settings :
- Choose Version 3.0 for Identity Service Version
- Fill in the other fields with the information received by email following the creation of the backup location (identity service terminal, username, password, tenant/project and domain)
- For the Tenant/Project and Domain fields , choose name instead of id via the selection field
- Choose the default location (leave the choice offered by default)
- Choose the container name (this is the domain name specified in the email received)
- Choose volumes and applications to back up:
- Define the frequency of the backup and check the box to activate encryption :
Warning : you must activate client-side encryption (last checkbox on the page) and keep the encryption key in a safe place so that you can use your backup if necessary.
- Rotating backups keeps your backup location from being overloaded by limiting the maximum number of backups to keep: