1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Enable Cloudflare on a site
This guide explains how to activate Cloudflare on a website.
What is Cloudflare?
Cloudflare CDN optimizes the performance and security of a website. It acts as a reverse proxy, which means that once your site starts using Cloudflare, the traffic it receives is routed through Cloudflare's network. Additionally, Cloudflare provides the following features:
- caching of a website's static content
- basic DDoS protection
- If necessary, create an account with Cloudflare: https://www.cloudflare.com/sign-up
- Add the domain name of the website in question
- Replicate all DNS zone records of the domain with Cloudflare (A records, MX records, TXT records, NS records, etc.)
- In the Infomaniak Manager, modify the DNS zone of the relevant domain with the DNS servers provided by Cloudflare
It may take up to 48 hours for the new DNS to take effect.
Note: mod_cloudflare is enabled by default on all our paid web hosting services.