1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Email Service: create an alias for an existing email address
This guide explains how to create variants of your usual email address.
How it works:
it is entirely possible to create alternative versions of your email addresses by modifying what comes before the @. For example, email@example.com is a long address and can be shortened to be used as follows: firstname.lastname@example.org (in this case, you need to create a "jps" alias for the address "john-peter.smith").
The number of aliases per email address is limited to 50.
Add an alias to an email address
Caution: you may be asked to provide the password for the email address concerned.
- Connect to your Infomaniak space (manager.infomaniak.com)
- Go to Email Service
- Click on the Email Service/the domain name concerned
- In the Email Service dashboard, click on the email address concerned
- Click on the Redirection and alias tab or click on Redirection and alias
in the left-hand side menu
- Click on Add an alias
- Enter the desired alias (what comes before the @)
- Click on Confirm to save the modifications
Find out more
- Startup guide: Email Service
- Infomaniak Mail: redirect an email address (to one or more other email addresses)
- Infomaniak Mail: activate the anti-spam and/or advertising filter