1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Create an email alias
This guide explains how to create variants of your usual email address without having to add a new address to your subscription.
How an alias works
It is entirely possible to create alternative versions of your email addresses by modifying what comes before the @.
For example, email@example.com a long address and can be shortened to be used as follows: firstname.lastname@example.org (in this case, you need to create a "jps" alias for the "john-peter.smith” address).
If a person writes to email@example.com, their message will be delivered to the inbox of the main address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If a person writes to email@example.com AND firstname.lastname@example.org as a copy (CC), their message will be delivered to the inbox of the main address (email@example.com) twice.
The number of aliases per email address is limited to 50.
Add an alias via the Email Service
Caution: you may be asked to provide the password for the email address concerned.
- Log in to your Infomaniak space (manager.infomaniak.com)
- Go to Email Service
- Click on the Email Service/domain name concerned
- In the Email Service dashboard, click on the email address concerned
- Click on the Redirection and alias tab or on Redirection and alias
in the left-hand side menu
- Click on Add an alias
- Enter the desired alias (what comes before the @)
- Click on Confirm to save the modifications
Add an alias via kMail
- Open kMail (mail.infomaniak.com)
- Click on the icon at the top right then select Email addresses
- Select the email address concerned in the drop-down menu
- In the Action section of my address, click on Alias
- Click on Add an alias to create a variant of your email address
- Click on Add
If you don't have access...
- Check that you have a valid access to kMail with which the email address is associated
- Do you have the permission to manage this setting? If you were invited to kMail to manage your email address, the Email Service administrator may have withdrawn this right when sending the invitation (find out more (click here)
Note for users of a free version
From your free Infomaniak email you don't have the possibility to create aliases. For a complete experience, unlock your free Infomaniak email!