1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Opening ports in the firewall
This guide explains how to add personalized ports in the firewall of a Web hosting or Cloud Server. Opening ports enables you to ensure certain applications work well but can reduce the security of your hosting.
- On a shared Web hosting, it is only possible to open output ports
- On a managed Cloud Server, it is possible to open input and output ports
Adding a port
- open the Manager (manager.infomaniak.com)
- go to Web Hosting or Cloud Server
- click on the host or the server concerned
- for a Cloud Server, choose the hosting concerned
- in the left side panel, click on Advanced tools and then on Opening ports
- click on Open a port
- follow the instructions displayed on the screen
It is only possible to put a single IP or host per line and a single port per rule.
By indicating an IP or a host, the connection will only be authorized in these cases:
Input rule: if the connection comes from this IP or the indicated host
Output rule: if the connection is made towards this IP or host
The same applies for the "type" of connection: if the protocol used for the connection is not the one used in the rule, the connection is not authorized.