1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Opening ports in the firewall
This guide explains how to add personalized ports in the firewall of a Web host or a Cloud Server. Opening ports allows you to ensure certain applications work well but can reduce the security of your hosting.
- On a shared Web hosting, it is only possible to open output ports.
- On a managed Cloud Server, it is possible to open input and output ports.
Adding a port
- open the Manager (manager.infomaniak.com)
- to go to Web Hosting or Cloud Server
- click on the host or the server concerned
- on a Cloud Server, choose the host concerned
- in the left side panel, click on Advanced tools and then on Opening ports
- click on Open a port
- follow the instructions displayed on the screen
You will find a list of ports open by default in the same location.