1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Logging into your hosting with an SSH key
Prerequisites: having created an FTP + SSH account from the admin console (help).
- Login to the SSH server for your hosting (help)
- Go to the root of your hosting: cd ~
- Create the ".ssh" directory: mkdir .ssh
- Change the rights of the ".ssh" directory to chmod 700
- Create the authorized_keys file and paste your public SSH key on one line (important)
- Change the rights of the authorized_keys file to chmod 600
Link to this FAQ: