1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Log in to your hosting with an SSH key
This guide explains how to log in to a hosting using a SSH key.
- Create an FTP + SSH account via the Manager (help)
- Create an SSH key with a secure algorithm, for example ed25519:
ssh-keygen -t ed25519
, because with an rsa key ("ssh-keygen" or "ssh-keygen -t rsa"), login will be refused and the following error will be returned in verbose mode:
debug1: send_pubkey_test: no mutual signature algorithm
Deposit the SSH key
- log in to the SSH server of your hosting (help)
- go to the root of your hosting: cd ~
- create the “.ssh” directory: mkdir .ssh
- modify the rights to the “ssh” directory to chmod 700
- create the authorized_keys file and paste your SSH key on a single line (important)
- modify the rights to the authorized_keys file to chmod 600
Link to this FAQ: