1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Zone delegation for a subdomain
This guide is for people who know how to manually edit the DNS zone of a domain name. It explains how to set up zone delegation to a subdomain.
To set up zone delegation:
- Login to the admin console: https://login.infomaniak.com
- Go to Domain Name
- Click on the domain name to change
- Hit the DNS Management button
- Under DNS Zones, click on the arrow just to the right of the Manage DNS zones button and hit Expert DNS zone management (text)
- Click on the Add an internal delegated subdomainicon
- Enter the desired sub-domain (e.g., test for test.domain.com)
- It is now possible to edit the delegated sub-domain DNS zone
Changes to the DNS zone can take up to 48 hours.
This video illustrates these steps and also shows how to remove a delegated subdomain: