1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Installing/obtaining an SSL certificate and an intermediate certificate (HTTPS)
It is possible to install an SSL certificate and an intermediate certificate from an official body.
We only supply the technical aspect of the functioning of an SSL certificate.
Installing a basic SSL certificate (self-signed)
- open the Admin Console (https://login.infomaniak.com)
- go to Hosting
- Click on the hosting/domain name in question
- On the left side panel, click on SSL Certificates, then HTTPS
- Select the site in question in the pull-down menu
- click the Install button
- to install the correct option
- Follow the instructions to complete the process
- Wait one hour before viewing your https site (https://votre-site.com)
At this point, the data is encrypted, but the first display for visitors of your website will trigger anautomatic warning sign. To prevent this, install a free Let's Encrypt SSL certificate from an authorized organization like Thawte, Comodo, Verisign, StartSSL or even Gandi.
Installing a free (Let's Encrypt) signed SSL certificate
Please follow this guide: https://faq.infomaniak.com/2130
Install the signed SSL certificate of your choice
- select the "customized certificate"
- click on the Other Actionsbutton. Generate Certificate Signing Request (CSR) button
- Forward the request to the supplier who will send you a CRT
- Import the supplier certificate (including the intermediate certificate if there is one) using the Import Certificate button at the same place in your Manager