1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Installing/obtaining an SSL certificate and an intermediate certificate (HTTPS)
It is possible to install an SSL certificate and an intermediate certificate from an official body.
Infomaniak offers all the SSL certificates you may need:
- Let's Encrypt certificates: for personal sites.
- Comodo DV certificates: sites for professionnels/individuals not registered on the trade and business registry.
- Comodo EV certificates: for registered businesses.
- Custom or self-signed certificates: to select the certification body of your choice.
Compare SSL certificates (prices, guarantees, services included, etc.)
Installing a free signed SSL certificate (Let's Encrypt)
Click here to install a Let's Encrypt DV certificate (only possible for sites hosted by Infomaniak).
Installing a Comodo/Sectigo professional SSL certificate
Click here to order an EV or DV certificate from Comodo/Sectigo, the world's leading certification authority.
Need help with choosing the right certificate? Discover the differences between EV and DV certificates.
Installing a self-signed or custom SSL certificate
- open the Manager (https://login.infomaniak.com)
- go to Web Hosting
- click on the hosting/domain name in question
- on the left side panel, click on My Sites then SSL Certificates
- select the site concerned at the top of the page
- select I already have an SSL certificate at the bottom of the page
- Click on Install
At this point, the traffic on your site is encrypted, but the first display for visitors to your website will trigger a highly dissuasive security warning. To prevent this, we strongly recommend you install a free Let's Encrypt certificate or a professional Comodo certificate. Compare SSL certificates