1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Release a (domain) alias from a website
This guide explains how to remove a domain alias from a Web hosting. The primary Web hosting domain name will no longer be linked to any other domain name. This enables you to later create a specific new Web hosting or site for the domain name which has been released in this way.
Remove the domain alias
- Open the Manager (manager.infomaniak.com/)
- Go to Web hosting
- If necessary, click on web hosting / the domain name in question
- In the Website section at the bottom of the page, click on the site in question
- Under Domains at the bottom of the page, click on the iconto the right of the domain to be removed and select Release
- Confirm the deletion of the alias (without deleting the corresponding entries in the DNS zone)
Find out more
- Quickstart guide: Web hosting
- Install a new Wordpress site
- Install a free Let's Encrypt SSL certificate on a site