1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
My SQL: Creating a database / managing users
This guide explains how to add a MySQL database and how to find all the settings necessary to configure your scripts and CMS.
Creating or modifying the users of your MySQL database
- Open the Manager (manager.infomaniak.com).
- Go to Web Hosting.
- Click the hosting/domain name concerned.
- In the left panel, click on Databases.
In the Databases tab you can:
- Create a MySQL database by clicking on Add a database.
- Import, export or restore a MySQL database using the arrow in the right part of the Add button.
In the Users tab you can:
- Create a MySQL database user by clicking on the Add a user button.
It is also where you can find the necessary information to configure CMS or web applications:
- The name of a database (e.g., XXXX_dbname).
- The database user name (e.g., XXXX_username).
- The password for a database user name (the one you chose when creating the MySQL user, to be redefined if you have forgotten it).
- The MySQL server for databases / hostname (e.g., XXXX.myd.infomaniak.com) with its version (e.g, 5.7).
Information on the rights of database users
- With read-only rights, the user can only see the structure and content of a table and therefore make SELECT-type requests.
- With writing rights, the user can edit the structure and content of the database.
- With administration rights, the user can delete the database.
- With no rights, the user will not see the database displayed in phpMyAdmin.