1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Installing a WordPress site parallel to the site which is already active
This guide explains how to install a WordPress site with WordPress & Apps without overwriting your current website. The method can be used at the start of a staging process for example.
Staging refers to creating a new version of your website live, on a development or test environment. This copy is used to test changes and updates before applying them to the live site. This allows website owners to test features, security updates, plugins, themes, WordPress updates, and content changes, without the risk of causing downtime or site issues. direct.
Once the tests have been performed and the changes have been committed to the staging copy, it is possible to deploy them to production (on the live site) using automated deployment tools or by making the changes manually.
Install WordPress on a second location
It is recommended to install WordPress on a new site from the same hosting:
- first create the new site by giving it a domain name of the form new.domain.xyz for example
- install WordPress via WordPress & Apps
At this point, the main site (domain.xyz) remains untouched and you can safely work on the new site new.domain.xyz. Both work in parallel.
Replace the old site with the new one
Once ready, if necessary, you can delete the first site in order to reuse its domain name on the new one:
- delete the old site to make the domain available and be able to reuse it
- add domain.xyz as an alias of new.domain.xyz
- reverse alias with main domain
- remove new.domain.xyz which has become an alias
- as a precaution check the main URL of the WordPress site via the dashboard of the WordPress & Apps tool (learn more)