1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Hacked sites / Preventing attacks
Steps to take
- Update all your web applications (WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, ownCloud, etc.).
- Add a protection system on your contact forms (Captcha, etc.)
- Change the passwords for your web applications, FTP accounts and MySQL databases (CMS, FTP, MySQL, etc.) while checking that no trojans or viruses are on your computer (this is a virus which is present on your computer (or that of your webmaster) which allowed an individual/bot to recover your password to remove or modify files). Here are six examples of software which will allow you to analyse your system, then remove (or at least attempt to remove) these viruses:
- AVG Free: http://free.avg.com/fr-en/free-antivirus-download
- AVG: http://www.avg.com/us-en/avg-rescue-cd
- Avira: http://www.avira.com/en/avira-free-antivirus
- ClamAV: http://www.clamav.net/lang/fr/about/
- Kaspersky: http://support.kaspersky.com/viruses/rescuedisk
- DrWEB: http://www.freedrweb.com/livecd/?lng=fr
To change your passwords with the old admin console: https://faq.infomaniak.com/868/
To change your passwords with the new admin console: https://faq.infomaniak.com/2017
It is absolutely essential that you do not use passwords which are too simple or which you use in other places (they should be different from your email addresses, for example), in order to limit the risk and ensure the security of your data.
If you do not have Webmaster and do not know how to do that, you can contact one of our partners (https://www.infomaniak.com/fr/creer-un-site/professionnel/nos-agences-partenaires ).
Link to this FAQ: