Vanilla Forums is an open source forum application and discussion framework. Vanilla Forums was initially released in 2006 and today powers discussion on over 500,000 sites.
Backup and restoration
3.1(major version) (security release)
11 July - 70MBThis release patches multiple medium severity security issues.
- Fix invitation limits not being enforced
- Remove dynamic RemoteUrl detection code to fix XSS vulnerability (note: This could potentially be breaking change for sites that were improperly configured using a method deprecated 7 years ago)
- Fix potential security vulnerability in serveFile() method
- Fix Right to Left override character scrambling URL on leaving page
- Improper Access Control - API V2 media endpoint
- Fix Path disclosure
- Publish WordPress addon security fixes
- Fix unprivileged setting of QnA status when adding or editing comments
- Add additional rate limiting to some Vanilla sign-in URLs
- Add rate limiting to SSO connect endpoint
- Full Content Rendering for Moderation/Spam Queue
- Update media resource management permission to Garden.Community.Manage
- Fix incorrect editor selection handling
- Fix Rich Editor responding slowly in some browsers
- Fix clicking on Rich Editor mentions being able to crash the editor
- Fix Css bug when creating a spoiler
- Simplify showing and hiding name and password.
- Fix category following for members.
- Fix Rich Post formatting while using search without Advanced Search.
- Fix broken format when reporting a post
- Ensure users can view their own profile information even if they do not have the moderator level permissions to view other users personal information
- Fix category discussion type not respected when creating a question.
- Add boilerplate/keystone theming styles fixes
- Add state token support to Gdn_OAuth2
- Add ability to set standard target after registration by invitation
- Escape the title in Gdn_Theme::logo()
- Remove file path from some upload error messages
Read more: https://open.vanillaforums.com/discussion/37418/vanilla-3-1-is-now-available
24 June - 60MB
- bug fixes
Read more: https://open.vanillaforums.com/discussion/37360/vanilla-3-0-is-now-available-updated-3-0-2
17 June - 60MBHighlights
- New Rich Editor features and improvements.
- 100s of bug fixes.
- Many medium-severity security issues reported via our HackerOne campaign are now resolved.
- Improved default cache headers.
- Deprecated some old classes, and removed some already deprecated ones.
- Laid the groundwork for a new drafts & reaction systems.
- Image upload limits.
- Improvements to the Keystone theme.
- Google SignIn.
- Better SEO and performance w/ the DeferredLegacyScripts flag.
Read more: https://open.vanillaforums.com/discussion/37360/vanilla-3-0-is-now-available-updated-3-0-1
Our Web hostings are compatible with
100% SSD Web Hosting
100 GB and +
Advanced management of EV and DV SSL certificates
10 GB of VOD
2 CPU and +
6 Gb (RAM) and +
100% dedicated resources
Infomaniak manages your server
from 29 € / month
Prices in EUR