1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
MySQL: changing a database user password
This guide explains how to change a database password. To do so, it is necessary to modify the MySQL user attached to the database in question and change its password (without being required to provide the old password) via Infomaniak Manager.
Changing a MySQL database user password
- Open the Manager (manager.infomaniak.com)
- Go to Web Hosting
- If necessary, click the hosting/domain name concerned
- In the left side panel, click Databases
- Click the appropriate account under the Users tab
- If necessary, enter the new password and set the new rights in the window that opens
- Update your MySQL login scripts with the new password (help) as otherwise your site or web application will no longer work
A database user created after the installation of a web application (proposed by Infomaniak) cannot be modified (a padlock is displayed beside it). To access the database it is attached to, you must create a new MySQL user with the password of your choice and then grant it the required database rights.