1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
WorkSpace : creating an event with a reminder by Slack
This guide explains how to create an event with a reminder via Slack. This function allows you to be notified in the discussion thread of your choice when an event is coming up.
1. Create an incoming webhook for Slack
- Open the following page and log in with your Slack details:
- Choose the discussion thread in which your reminders should be shown (for example @slackbot)
- copy the webhook's URL
Comment:you will need to create other webhooks to set reminders in other discussion threads.
2. Configure the webhook in the WorkSpace calendar
- Open the following page and log in with your Infomaniak account details:
- Click on Add a Slack webhook
- A name to easily identify the Webhook when you add reminders
- The URL of the webhook (cf. first step of this guide)
- Click on Confirm
3. Create an event with a reminder by Slack
Now that your WorkSpace is linked to your Slack account, you can choose to be notified in Slack when you add a reminder to an event.
- Open your calendar in the WorkSpace:https://workspace.infomaniak.com/#service=calendar
- Create a new event
- Add a reminder
- Choose the Slackwebhookconfigured in the drop-down menu
- Confirm the changes
You will now receive a reminder in the discussion thread which corresponds to the webhook
To learn more
Link to this FAQ: