1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Putting a site in maintenance mode / temporarily disabling a Website
This guide explains how to enable maintenance mode for a website in your hosting. Maintenance mode displays a customized message to your visitors during the resolution of a technical problem for example. It is also possible to configure IP addresses which will bypass this page.
Enable maintenance mode
- open the admin console (https://login.infomaniak.com)
- go to Hosting
- click on the hosting/domain name concerned
- in the left side panel, click on Website then on the Maintenance page
- click on the OFF button on the site to be put in maintenance mode
- click on the Configure button to modify the content of the maintenance page
To disable maintenance mode, repeat steps 1 to 5.
This video illustrates this procedure:
Authorising IP addresses
It is possible to display a site without the maintenance mode. To do this, you need to give the IP addresses of the computers which should be able to bypass the maintenance mode:
- enable maintenance mode following the procedure above
- go to the configuration page in the maintenance page (see the procedure above)
- under List of IPs not affected by this maintenance page, click on Insert my IP address to authorise your computer to display the site without maintenance mode. It is also possible to enter the IP addresses to be authorised manually
- click on Register and publish