1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Password authentication to limit user access to an audio stream
This guide explains how to limit the distribution of an audio stream to authorized users with password authentication.
To do this, you must write a script (in PHP or in another language) and enter its URL on the admin console. The function of the script is to determine if the listener can hear the stream or not (by verification in a database or using an IP address) and send the results of the test to our distribution server.
Adding password authentication for listening to a stream
- Open the admin console (https://manager.infomaniak.com)
- Go to Audio Streaming
- Click on the name of the radio concerned
- Click on the name of the mount point concerned
- Under Advanced settings, set Enable authentication to ON
- Enter the URL of your script
- Click on Confirm
If necessary, feel free to contact our supportin order to get a sample script.